Register now to get rid of these ads!

embarassing questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bct, Jan 21, 2006.

1. bct

bct

what are reversed wheels??what purpose?? what is a suicide front end??what do you call it when you hang the transverse spring shackles from the wishbones???what does FNG stand for???

2. reverse wheels is when you take the center of the rim out, turn it around and weld it back in. This gives them a deeper offset and looks much better.
    A suicide front end is when the axle is in front ot the frame rails. reason they call it suicide is because if your spring ever breaks the frame rails will hit the ground. i dont know the other ones

3. Nightfire

Nightfire
    from Canada

FNG my guess at it would be "f'in new guy" but what do I know, Im only a FNG:confused:

Mike

4. that was my guess also, hey what part of canada are u from

5. Nightfire

Nightfire
    from Canada

Winnipeg, not a big rod scene here. Dont have any hot rod buddies either as Im only 17...and well most of my friends dont like old cars:D

Mike

6. bct

bct

i was hopin for FORIEGN NEW GUY

7. Thats cool. I'm only 19 well actually i turn 20 next sunday, but i know what u mean, none of my friends are really into cars either. Edmontons scene is getting better. Theres lots of rods and customs but 90% are still 80's and 90's or else $100,000+ cars. The Northside streetrods out of regina are a pretty cool club, their fairly close to winnipeg. I went to their show last year and i definetly want to go again this year.

8. Step 1-Go here: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/search.php?
    Step 2-Enter key words one at a time: FNG,Suicide,Blablabla.
    Step 3-Be amazed.

9. bct

bct

i find the search a little too vague most times and sometimes very helpfull

10. bct

bct

i thought "suicide" was the spring perches on the wishbones and i thought the out front spring and axle was called "model t style"..i feel better now...