Register now to get rid of these ads!

Terraplanes, Hudsons, and Essexes!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by patrick66, Jul 14, 2008.

1. I picked up a set of doors for a shorter wheelbase '32 Hudson or Terraplane last weekend. No rot to them, various stages of completeness. I need to post some photos to get a more specific ID on them but the hinges, beltline, A-post shape all match up.

3. 32 hudson

32 hudson

I am looking for a Serial Plate that goes on the firewall For a 1932 Essex Terraplane. Makes no difference if it is for a coupe, sedan or cabriolet as long as it is 1932 Essex Terraplane. The serial number sequence would be 350000 through 364124.

4. bent metal

bent metal

She is going to be blasted tomorrow or Friday. We will see what all was done when it comes back from the blaster. Not my car. I think it's going to end up like this.
    Four door cut in half. Remove back doors.
    Coupe/Brougham door added
    Rear moved forward to the back of the front door.
    Now the front roof is too high, would have to chop it to match the rear portion. Maybe two inches?
    Sectioned also. Not sure where. The front wheel well is moved up. But it's been sectioned between the headlight and bumper.
    The dash looks like a front nose/grill shell of a Hawk, maybe.

Coool Car!!!

5. Thanks for the thor
    Thanks for the thorough description Bent Metal. It lives and is getting a makeover!. Can you post a pic of this odd-sounding dash? Great.

6. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

I don't know anything about this one except it was pulling this trailer about 60 on I40 through New Mexico an few years back.
    [​IMG]

kiwijeff likes this.
  7. ehdave

ehdave

Here's my 1930 Essex project

Attached Files:

kiwijeff likes this.
  8. Me and my Dad, 66 Years ago.....................Anyone know what year this car is?
    img001.jpg

kiwijeff likes this.
  9. lostmind

lostmind

10. The grille indicates it is a one-year-only 1934 Terraplane. The '35 grille was a flat stamping. Also the hood has the '34s angled vertical louvers - '35 changed. Also the '34 bumper is wider than the '35. Also the '34 fender stamping is more squared like this out at the "corner".

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  11. essex 037.jpg ...here's a recent photo of my 33 in front of a restored old house in town, the car is still for sale; the house has been sold. (not my house)

kiwijeff likes this.
  12. My '51 Super Six all original just turned over 40,000 miles

Attached Files:

13. Hudson52sam

Hudson52sam

1952 hudson wasp, got on our local news at the drive in , in our town

Attached Files:

14. Hudson52sam

Hudson52sam

262 6cylinder

Attached Files: