Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy with 59 Edsel Ranger 2dr...

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Combrink, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Combrink

Combrink

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1414520344.503230.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1414520374.869445.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1414520404.186171.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1414520426.369686.jpg
    What's up everybody? I'm a 35yr old airbrush artist from Oklahoma and this is my 59 Edsel. This is a complete and unmolested car that my stepdad and his buddy were working on up until the buddy passed away a few years ago. The car was running and driving until a rod shot through the block on the original straight six...a few weeks later my stepdad's friend passed away and the car had been sitting in their shop since. I have been looking for a classic car to build for a couple years now and last Christmas my stepdad gave me this Edsel.

I'm going to keep this car pretty much original...I got a straight 6 from another Edsel to rebuild and put in and as I said, the car is complete. I'm just going to replace the worn out stuff and clean it all up really good. The only major mechanical mod I plan on doing is adding Air Ride suspension so I can drop it and still have a decent ride. The body is really straight with only a few dings to fix and thankfully no major rust. I am going to do a really cool paint job on it...lots of flake and some traditional flames with an airbrushed piece on the trunk...to promote my work. The interior of the car is ugly as sin! I plan on keeping it OG though...just gonna paint everything to match the exterior and probably just go with white vinyl upholstery and door panels. When it comes time to purchase wheels and tires...I'm gonna go with some reversed chrome 15x8" Supremes with whitewalls...can't go wrong with those.

So thanks for checking me out and
    I look forward to making some new friends on here and sharing my build with you guys.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. town sedan

town sedan

Greetings from Kansas City. I've always had a thing for Edsels, yours looks like a good one to start with. You also have a great story to go with the car. I know from personal experience that the 223 is no fire ball, but can be very reliable and dependable. What transmission is in the car? Anyway enjoy and good luck, sounds like you have a good plan to move forward on. Dave.

3. TheSchoffinator

TheSchoffinator

My father in law just added a 58 Ranger to his stable. It was restored in 2000, then sat in a barn. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1414606093.823195.jpg

4. Combrink

Combrink

That's a really nice ride.

5. 49 fordge

49 fordge
    from Floral, Ar

Nice car. I just posted pics of my 59 ranger two door sedan.

6. Combrink

Combrink

Nice ride bro

7. Combrink

Combrink

Don't know if I'm posting in the right place, but I got a couple ford 223's that I'm hoping I can make one good motor out of...and I got my rear brakes disassembled and parts for them...just got a lot of disassembling and cleaning ahead... ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1414952380.821782.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1414952399.954290.jpg

8. rprice76

rprice76
    from Palominas

So if you get a 6er and want to stay stock = talk to some of the 6er folks on here. Post engine size otherwise a lot of us Edsel folks get ignored. Hop that 6 up as much as you can. They can produce some really nice torque!

9. Combrink

Combrink

Thanks for the info...I will do that. Right now I'm just getting my stuff together. I have a pretty big airbrush job coming up in december and I'm gonna use the proceeds from that to but the parts I need to get it going.