Register now to get rid of these ads!

59 Edsel, old member with a new project

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 49 fordge, Nov 1, 2014.

1. 49 fordge

49 fordge
    from Floral, Ar

Let first explain, I'm posting this as a new member because I've been away for a while. We had a set of twin girls and the projects got sold. But now they are three and I've started a new project, our " ice cream car" . Every Sunday we, as a family, go to the local drive in and have ice cream, we ride in our 59 Edsel ranger.
    I've gotten started I've rebuilt the carb, replaced the distributor , normal tune up and now the engine runs great. I've replaced a four wheel cylds and it stops pretty good. I've replaced all four ball joints, and all the control arm bushings,and all four shocks. With the help of info I found here I replaced the front springs with Aerostar springs and added 2 in blocks in the rear. Next is to replace the rusty rocker panels.
    I wanted to post pics so here they are.

I would really like to hear from some of the other Edsel owners here image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. 49 fordge

49 fordge
    from Floral, Ar

These pics were taken before the blocks were installed on the rear.

3. '59Edsel

'59Edsel

Nice ride, mine is much rustier than yours, haha. I still need to do suspension work on mine.

4. rprice76

rprice76
    from Palominas

MAJOR props from me. You are doing something incredibly important. Building memories. To hell with the ride - build the memories and get the kids involved if you can. Other than that - looks great! Much better than my stock 16k 4dr sedan...

5. 49 fordge

49 fordge
    from Floral, Ar

The girls "my twins" love it, when they see it they know it means ice cream. and believe it or not the wife actually likes it. I hope to do more work this winter, she is pretty rusty in the rockers and has blisters showing up here and there. I'm going to try to get ahead of that, but I don't want to disable it because I want the girls to stay interested.