Register now to get rid of these ads!

Plug for Howells Sheetmetal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by UPState Bill, Feb 4, 2011.

1. UPState Bill

UPState Bill
    from New York

So I get on the computer and ordered all my patch panels from Howells.Then I get on the Hamb site to check what other people have to say about Howells Sheet metal. Kinda backwards but...... After reading some past post I wasn't sure if I had made a mistake:eek:.A week later they arrive So I begin to try to install the rear Quater panel patchs these are the 9" tall ones.The beading doesn't line up they don't quite fit the subrail etc. etc. but I figure thats the way they are and deal with it.I'm no skilled metal worker and can normally work through most things but after 2 nights I just couldn't make them work.So I call them up and explain to Ryan the trouble that I am having.He says that I shouldn't be having that kind of trouble and says that he will just send me a new set.I offer to send the old ones back and he said not to worry about it.So I move onto another project and wait for the new ones to arrive.Sure enough less then a week later my new ones arrive free of charge no questions asked seem to fit much better,can't ask for more than that Thanks Ryan:)

2. I have always defended Howells...always treated me fine and shipped on time,,never a problem..and this was also when Phillip was there

3. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Good to hear some positive feedback. Patch panels all need fitment but it gets me close enough to finish.

4. Ghost28

Ghost28

Maybe I ordered some off the wall out of production stuff, but after four months I finally asked for my money and got it back with no problem. I guess they were kind of stand up in a way. I might try them again.

5. AAFD

AAFD
    from US of A

Never had a problem with Howells, always good parts, and typical repro panel installation that always require a little tweaking here and there.

6. I had a good experience as well. I ordered my parts for my T and had them in 5 days. I haven't tried to fit them yet but they look great!

7. Paul B

Paul B

No problems with parts i ordered .

8. boutlaw

boutlaw

i've always had great service from Ryan...although sometimes they get backed up and can not get the orders out as fast as they would like, but i have always been happy with the service and pieces I have received.

waiting on the 9 inch quarter panels right now as a matter of fact.

outlaw

9. chaddilac

chaddilac

He did the same thing on a set of door skins for me.... second ones didn't fit either though!!!

10. Will they make quarter panel to a custom height? I need some taller ones to fix a botched repair job on my 5 window.

11. UPState Bill

UPState Bill
    from New York

I,m not sure.Seems that the"off the shelf" panels come reasonably quick although some guys who have been waiting for more coustom stuff have had less then great results

12. Ghost28

Ghost28

Yeah my order was off the norm. They were running board splash aprons for a 28 chevy, and the production run was low on there priority I guess. They kept telling me next week they were going to start the production run and it never happened. But like I said I will try them again.

13. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

i had a door skin come damaged in shipping,the box was crushed.they sent me another one in less than a week. no problem here....

14. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

I've ordered from them on several occasions. Most every order was received within 1-2 weeks. To me that is a reasonable amount of time.

15. Ralph Moore

Ralph Moore

I guess I should have called them, I got the 9" repair corners for Model A and they were off by about 3/16" on the trunk side reveal, so I figured it was the best I could get since I've gone through two other companies and they weren't even close.
    So, I cut it and welded it back, not the best, but it works.
    What got me the most is the fact that it didn't have as much curve vertically as the original quarter. But now that i've already cut it, I guess I stuck with it.

16. x77matt

x77matt
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm glad you guys have had a good experience- I've been waiting 4 months now for some 32 trunk structure panels. Next time, I'll pay a little more and use Brookville, or make my own... I thought I was going to save time on my build to get some basic stuff from him- NOT.....

17. HotRod33

HotRod33

I have bought patch panels from them in the past and they have been pretty nice... I will use them again on my model A.........

18. dirty4

dirty4

ordered cab corners for my 34...got them within days....ordered the back cab panel from beltline down after 5 weeks of waiting I asked for my parts or a refund money was refunded immediately...anyone know where I can get a replacement panel for my pickup?

19. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

I have ordered 3 times in the last month or so,never had a problem with the orders and the patch panels worked well when fitting them. Ryan was good to talk with on the phone ,I'll use them again soon for their sub rail parts.