Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello from Canada!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Canadian53Ford, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Canadian53Ford

Canadian53Ford

Hello everyone! I found this place by searching out parts and info about my 53' Ford Mainline. I've browsed quite a bit and already learned lots. I'm planning on making my car into a respectable everyday summer cruiser, winters here are long and brutal, so there's no better time to work on it. She's got a long way to go, but here's the basics to my goal with it. -lower it down a couple inches, lake pipes, mild SBF, fix a couple of body panels and paint it flat black. I invite anyone to go ahead and give me some ideas and knowledge on achieving my goal of getting a cool, low every summer day cruiser. Thanks in advance for any info, input, suggestions and knowledge. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1415323048.079717.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1415323071.972554.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1415323120.209906.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. CarolinaCruiser

CarolinaCruiser

3. chevrolayd

chevrolayd

Hello from london Ontario

sent via my black box

Canadian53Ford likes this.
  4. 348batwing

348batwing
    from France

Welcome from France

5. Weezy1930

Weezy1930
    from OHIO

Hello, Canada, from Ohio! I like your car. However rather than paint it flat black, did you consider leaving it with that pretty patina? I like that paint as is, just polish it up a bit. Give it some thought. After all, it took decades to get that look.;) Enjoy your ride.

6. Canadian53Ford

Canadian53Ford

I have thought about it, and honestly I like it too. The thing is, I've got a few places I need to cut out and weld new metal into, which means I'm going to unfortunately ruin that pretty patina in a few places. My next best option was the flat black. Here's a good idea of my end goal. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1415412199.591423.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. Weezy1930

Weezy1930
    from OHIO

On my car we decided to save the beat up paint because it gives the car a history and it helps make it feel like it's been around for 80-plus years. The quarter panel was hit (when the fenders were still there, we think) and painted over very poorly, and that bothered me at first. But now I kinda feel it's part of the car's history and it gives it character and a war wound story. Maybe you could try to match your paint "close enough" and give it "character." It's your call. Have fun with it!

You can see the poorly painted quarter panel here:

Trunk "character" with beat up paint:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  8. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Welcome from B.C. Check out my thread on a custom 53 Ford convertible.