Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1951 Chevy Coupe seat info required

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gotzy, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Gotzy

Gotzy

Howdy All,

Need some advice on seats for my '51 chevy 2 door coupe, I'm needing replacement front and rear seats and want originals so need to know the following:

1. Front seats, what years and models have the same split bench as the '51 2 door coupe?

2. Rear seats, what years and models have the same upper and lower rear seat portions as the '51 2 door coupe?

Thanks

Stephen

2. ...don't know those answers but 1970 Ford Falcon 2 door seats fit great.

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

49-52 2 door FRONT seats are all the same. back seats for your coupe will need to come from a coupe or 2 door sedan. hardtops are different, convertibles are different as well and I hear not even the same as hardtops. Fleetlines have a different back half of the rear seat, not sure about the bottoms.

4. Gotzy

Gotzy

Thanks for your help folks

5. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

If you don't "use" the rear for seating, turn the can into a pseudo-Business Coupe without a rear seat; just a platform and paneling. Finding an original 49-54 front seat may be impossible in the UK. I gave my 51 Business coupe front seat away to a fellow HAMBER, and it needed to be completely re-upholstered. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

6. Gotzy

Gotzy