Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods New Gasser build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FTF, Nov 4, 2014.

1. FTF

FTF

Been lucky enough to help my friend ( HAMB title IMG_0274.JPG IMG_0234.JPG IMG_0282.JPG Gasserman) with his latest gasser build. We now have completed fitting enough of the chassis that it's sitting on it's own weight. Scotts Rods race weight body. 351 fuel injected Alky Cleveland w/C4.

Deuces, OahuEli, kiwijeff and 3 others like this.
  2. CGkidd

CGkidd

Damn thats a serious cage. Looks like it should be wild.

3. Very cool! Post progress please.....

4. FTF

FTF

Thanks guys I'm including pics of what we started with, the Falcon. It went to New York state minus engine and trans. The frame and some of the cage came from Alston. We have done everything in house so far working a couple of hours a day. We managed to get the tank fit this morning and started welding out some of the frame.

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.

5. Gasserman

Gasserman
    from Tulsa OK

My Dear friend "FTF" has been great about helping me get the car this far. We still have alot to do , but it`s going together fast then I thought it would. Hope to be doing the shakedown passes early next year. I`m still kicking around the idea to go to a Enderle bugcatcher on my tunnel ram instead of the Hilborn stack injectors I have now. Gasserman

Deuces likes this.
  6. AHotRod

AHotRod

That's going to be an ANIMAL ;)

7. slowmotion

slowmotion

No holds barred racecar, I like it!
    Put some headlights in those buckets, & go whoop-up on them boys with the TV show. :D

8. Gasserman

Gasserman
    from Tulsa OK

Here`s a little example of FTF `s welding , plus todays progress. Hope you enjoy it like we have enjoyed building so far.

Attached Files:

9. Gasserman

Gasserman
    from Tulsa OK

IMG_0308.JPG IMG_0306.JPG IMG_0306.JPG IMG_0298.JPG Made a little progress today. Got the fuel tanks fabbed up and installed. And got started on the staeering box mounts . Also we got a dead perch made up for the front suspension to eliminate the panhard bar. Looks cleaner on the car ,plus there wasnt room for it anyhow.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  10. jimmy1931

jimmy1931

Bill, you guys are doing fantastic work. I know it is typical for you to think these things thru, come up with the best solution, then execute the plan perfectly. Plus you guys are flying on this, great progress.

11. tkshotrods

tkshotrods
    from Summit, MS

Killer looking car! And a CLEVELAND to top it off! Props on doing something different. I think the Hilborn injection on the Cleveland is badass myself.

Deuces and OahuEli like this.
  12. Fantastic car. should scare the HELL out of everybody! Top notch work. I wish it was mine!!! LOL. Mikey.

13. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Every thing looks first class and very well engineered.
    The welds look really nice.

Jimbo

14. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

15. FTF

FTF

Wow, thanks for all the nice comments guys, by the way were both in our 60's and still playing with cars.

Deuces and OahuEli like this.
  16. Gasserman

Gasserman
    from Tulsa OK

Speak for your self big boy. I`m not a day over 30 . Or at least my mind isn`t , but the body generally tells a different story. Got Roger`s Nova started today and pretty much finished . Needs frontend aligned and timing set with a light .

17. loudbang

loudbang

You need this for your room LOL.

Ford (800x512).jpg

Deuces and nelson845 like this.
  18. Gasserman

Gasserman
    from Tulsa OK

FTF has always said if I`m cut ,I`d bleed blue. By the way that`s a nice bedspead.

19. FTF

FTF

Well, progress seems slow with a lot of hidden details. Welded out the steering mount and bent the pitman arm. Going to be real close around the box and header but should clear. Added a vent to the moon tank and got the seat bars fit and tacked. Started the shifter mount.

Attached Files:

loudbang likes this.
  20. Gasserman

Gasserman
    from Tulsa OK

It starting to look more like car . We got steering ,seat and shifter mounts all made up and installed. Still a long way to go.

Attached Files:

Butch M likes this.
  21. Gasserman

Gasserman
    from Tulsa OK

Been kind of busy . Got the brake pedal ,master cyl. and pedal rod all fitted up ,also got the lower steering mount done and seat mount fit up . This week we started on the passenger side header and got that side parially welded out today. Now just need to get the slip-on collectors to finish them out.

Attached Files:

Deuces likes this.
  22. Gasserman

Gasserman
    from Tulsa OK

We got some more progress done, FTF has been fighting a bad ear infection since the day before Thanksgiving . And with the welder is out ,the progress has been slow.Got all the headers finished on the passenger side done and drivers side all ticked up ready to be tigged up.

Attached Files:

23. WOW! The car just gets wilder . Going to be one of the nicest gassers around. Nice work and craftsmanship.

24. Gasserman

Gasserman
    from Tulsa OK

Here`s todays photo update.

Attached Files:

Deuces and AHotRod like this.
  25. AHotRod

AHotRod

Now !!! ............ all you need is to design a WILD panel paint job with Metal Flake and a catchy name.

26. Al Napier

Al Napier
    from Central CT

Beautiful car and excellent workmanship! If you could consider one small change though please - Move those front shocks further outboard or add some sort of anti-roll bar in the front. There's an awful lot of leverage working against the current mounting points and I'm concerned this will be too evil to handle with it the way it is.

Regardless - Wicked cool ride :)

Al in CT

27. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

Neat Car! Love the use of the transverse spring and hairpins instead of parallel leafs. How do you like the Scotts Rods body?

28. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

Hi Gasser

I go along with Al and move those shocks outboard a bunch, it sure don't look right being that close together

Other than that you have built a great car and should be quite a ride

What color do you have in mind?

G Don

29. Gasserman

Gasserman
    from Tulsa OK

What is not in the current photos is the dead perch for the drivers side spring . That keeps everything in place and you don`t need a panhard bar. We have an extra of couple of bars to go in yet ,they will also hold on the frontend on. The body is a lot nicer than I figured it would be for a race weight one. Everything fits well for as lite as it is. On color I haven`t decided yet , I`m not real sure on what color it would look good in.

30. FTF

FTF

The front shocks are mounted in the only location we could use due to the pinched front clip. The frame is based on a Alston 4 link rear and we pinched the front rails from the rear cross member forward. Were from the spring it soft shock it stiff school and figure using the 4 link we can adjust the bite to help with the handling. Gasserman doe's plan on running a steering damper.
    I keep telling him your not going drive this just aim it.
    Thanks for all the kind words.