Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Brodix Heads. What intake will fit?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 37_chevy, Nov 5, 2014.

1. 37_chevy

37_chevy
    from Nebraska

I want to buy these Brodix heads from a buddy of mine. I called Brodix with the numbers off the heads and they gave me this gasket number, which I ordered.
    As you see in the picture, to get the gasket to cover the ports, the bolt holes are off.
    I sent the photos to Brodix. Brodix says the heads don't require a special intake. Their "best guess" recommendation was a Brodix intake that uses the same gasket number, but "they wouldn't guaranty it to fit".

I don't see how a normal small block Chevy intake could possibly work if the gasket doesn't line up. Anybody have any ideas?
    Thanks! Brodix H752.jpg

2. indyjps

indyjps

Look like raised runner heads, got any additional info on them. They may require offset rockers or longer pushrods. What engine are these going on, depending on runner volume they may not be good for a "driver"

3. 37_chevy

37_chevy
    from Nebraska

According to Brodix they are not street car heads. Part number is "10". They'd go on my '56 race car if I can figure out an intake. I don't want to order a $400.00 plus intake and not have it fit. Yes, I could probably send it back, but hate to waste time and money doing that.

4. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

5. 37_chevy

37_chevy
    from Nebraska

Thanks for the reply. I did find that info. MY best guess is that they need the HV-1001 intake as that is what's shown for the "10RI" head. I would assume the RI means raised intake (ports). It also shows a different gasket number.
    Maybe I'll call Brodix again. Thanks!

6. dave lewis

dave lewis
    from Nampa ID

# 1206 felpro is a better match..
    Still have to trim a bit..

7. dave lewis

dave lewis
    from Nampa ID

Then gasket match your intake of choice...