Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1930 American Austin Bantum questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Wally, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Wally

Wally
    from Iowa

I have a 30 American Austin Bantum, can anyone tell me other than the tag on the top of the cowl, is there any other model/vin numbers anywhere else on the car? Thanks.

2. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Some thing like this should be riveted to the left top of the cowl. New ones are available from Golden Garage or something like that Join the Austin Bantam club and those guys will tell you everything there is to know

Attached Files:

rg171352 likes this.
  3. rg171352

rg171352
    from New York

Do you have any photos of your car?

4. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Not lately. It's a '38 pickup. Slowly coming along.

5. rg171352

rg171352
    from New York

There are three places where American Austins have numbers. The first is on the cowl tag, the second is on the engine above the starter, and the third is on the frame. Bantams are a different beast when it comes to this.

6. Wally

Wally
    from Iowa

Where on the frame? It's suppose to be a 1930 American Austin Bantam. I was thinking of selling the frame and keeping the body to hot rod it or maybe make a gasser out of it. I don't want some one else to buy the frame and use those numbers to get a title. If I knew where to look for the numbers on the frame I could just grind them off.

7. If it's a 1930, then it is an American Austin. Bantams weren't built until 1937

Grandadeo likes this.