Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Aces SoCal Poker Run Nov 8, 2014

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LaGrasta, Sep 22, 2014.

1. flyer download – http://acescarclub.com/Events/ACESPokerRun14flyer01.pdf

early bird ticket sales – https://www.eventbrite.com/e/poker-...e-65-traditional-hot-rods-tickets-13228979233

ACES Car Club host Poker Run in one of Orange County’s best-kept secrets.

ACES Car Club is once again hosting their annual Poker Run. This event is open to pre ‘65 traditional hot rods, customs & vintage/classic bikes only, and being held in scenic Trabuco Canyon, Orange County. The start/finish line is O’Neill Regional Park, 30892 Trabuco Canyon Rd, Trabuco Canyon, CA 92678. In total, a 43 mile tour.

Upon leaving O’Neill Regional Park, each driver will receive the first of five playing cards. Each will receive three additional cards at to-be-revealed locations throughout the run and a final fifth card upon return to the Park. The highest poker hands win various prizes. After returning, a grilled lunch will be served. Round up your family and friends and join-in the ACES Poker Run!

http://acescarclub.com/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/acescarclub/

Attached Files:

60'coupe likes this.
  2. Godspeed

Godspeed

It's going to be a fun one! Bring the whole family!
    [​IMG]

3. Always a fun one.

4. Yes, Marc is planning to bring his '52 GMC city bus camper conversion. Along with the largest Aces placque you ever did see.

5. 60'coupe

60'coupe

This is always a beautiful drive thru the canyon.

6. Less than a month away.

7. Godspeed

Godspeed

It's going to be great! Marc from Canyon Rods will be brining his '52 Bus (not VW, a real trailways bus)!

8. bummer, i will be out of town....sounds like a great time

9. slickmick

slickmick

Here is a pic from our first Poker Run in 2010 with the best poker hand happy winners.. PB060975.JPG

60'coupe likes this.
  10. FUN!!!! I hope I can make it.

11. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Aces Are Wild....

Actually, my favorite car activity. Especially when the cars are pre-'35. (that means '34 and older, kids)
    Damn, and me up here in Atwater.

We used to have one in Nor Cal, the '34 Store's Wayne Bloechl was a sponsor...so was Tex's Auto Wreckers; Larry Fuller was at the second check point...The poker run started and culminated around the Stanford University area. GREAT folks and nice cars.
    My shop was busy a month in advance getting some of the older guys' cars in dependable shape for that Sunday.
    Cheers to all that can make the Aces' Poker Run...

12. a few updates:
    We've been steadily receiving items for gift baskets, we've had some great donations. Yes ladies, Harveys Seat Belt Bags have also donated again! Seriously, the winning hands will not be disappointed.
    The other note is we've had a great amount of early interest this year, many ticket sales thus far so we're excited and looking forward to what's shaping up to be the best Aces Poker Run yet.

Hope to see you too, this Saturday!

60'coupe likes this.
  13. Godspeed

Godspeed

Weather will be perfect for a Poker Run through the canyon!

14. slickmick

slickmick

And here are the very cool prizes for the 3 best poker hands........Harvey's Seat Belt purses.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

15. This is a family event, bring your kids so mine have others to play with.

16. leroux

leroux
    from SoCAl

If we can't make the early start can we simply meet up at oneil park after 2 pm?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

17. Loose agenda: Park opens at 7, Run starts at 9, drivers released at 10, lunch at 12, awards at 1:30.