Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Pic of a coupe seat covered with a blanket

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by harleycontracter, Nov 1, 2014.

1. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

Would like to see a pic of someone who have used a blanket to cover a seat cushion. Made into a cover I'm thinking and not just thrown over the foam. What is done to the 2 side metal pieces? Covered or painted? Looking for ideas. Thanks

2. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Tom Bush in the Mooresville N.C. area has a 32 roadster with a seat like that as I saw it at the Charlotte Auto Fair a few weeks ago. It looked really good and comfy. Don't know how to get ahold of him though. Maybe he will see this thread and comment....................

3. I haven't seen Tom's roadster,,,is it anything like his 5 window? HRP

4. Tom's Roadster...sorry, don't have a pic of the seat.

[​IMG]

5. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

I bought a vintage US Navy grey wool blanket. Like to use that.Can you describe how Tom's seat was done?

6. Thanks Tom,I really like that! HRP

7. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

Love the look of the roadster !!!!!

8. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Tom's seat looked very simple to do. The blanket showed no sewing on it as I remember and appeared to be folded on the corners military style (as you would on a military bunk) and hog ringed to the back side of the seat. What impressed me was there was no sags in the blanket where you sit. I may try this on my coupe seat. One could sew some canvas on the edge of the blanket and hog ring THAT to the seat back. Hope this helps..........................

9. There is a Mexican Blanket picture thread on here somewhere. Dunno' which way you're leaning in blanket DNA.

Also, the old woven seat covers...they still sell 'em.....basically a "blanket seat cover" with adjoining pieces of vinyl frequently. Internet images will blow you up on those particular 3 terms. Good luck !

10. jimcolwell

jimcolwell
    from Amarillo

Try calling it an Indian blanket. We have them out here in the southwest.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. seatex

seatex

And if you buy it in Mexico?

12. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Don't go to Mexico, you will wind up in jail. Just go to Wally world and buy one from China. They will be in the import section...........................

13. fleetside66

fleetside66

Hey, H.C. ...I did this to my truck some years ago....looked good with the red wheels & wide whites. This is probably what you had in mind. It's not looking too good these days, as it slowly turned back into a work truck.
    [​IMG]

14. jimcolwell

jimcolwell
    from Amarillo

Looks pretty good to me!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

15. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

my merc 016.jpg my merc 014.jpg

hog rings and 3M glue worked pretty good...Pretty damn comfy too, of course I waited until I wanted to sell the car to do it....

16. slychamp

slychamp
    from Qc ca

[​IMG]

mine with awning material

17. Too cool hamb-friendly pics and thread. My seat covers are in bad shape too, so I'll be solving the problem this way.
    Any idea on the necessary blankets measure to cover 50's benches?
    More pics please. Thanks