Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage >>>2014 Gasser Finals at Greer Dragway<<<

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevydeucewagon, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Tyler is putting his pistons back in now - so I heard :)

2. Man, Saturday is gonna be THE day! LOAD UP, no excuses. Gotta get that final gasser fix 'fore winter sets in. Can't beat an SEG get-together, especially the finals. It was PACKED last year, can't imagine this year. Be there .....or kick your own butt all winter:D

3. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

We may have to cancel the Gasser race at Greer this Saturday the weather is looking bad, cold windy and 50% chance of rain. This is going to be a very hard decision to make because of the people traveling. 7 people are on their way right now from Wi area. I just called the man on his way with his gasser from Texas, he's going to spend the night in La until the final word in the morning. 1 man is already here from Nebraska. The 33 willys is already here from Fa. There are many more but y'all get the picture. The final word will come from the track owner by 10 in the morning. If this happens it will be reschedule next Saturday the 8th.

4. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

GREER GASSER RACE POSTPONED
    Sorry to report this but the Greer race has been Postponed until next Saturday November 8th, There is no way we could get this in if the weather report is even close to right. Please help me spread the word so not to inconvenience the fans and racers anymore than they already have been. Don't give up on us it can still be a record setter next Saturday so make plan's to be there.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  5. Can't control the weather.

I hate that the guys traveling from other states to race are probably in route and I hope they haven't arrived yet. HRP

II FUNNY and Quain Stott like this.
  6. It's a shame but HRP is right. Watch it be sunny and beautiful all day. I'm still going to try and make next Saturday.

Quain Stott likes this.
  7. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Good call. 50 degrees and 30 mph winds can make some unsafe conditions. Especially for violent small tire cars. Spectating wouldn't be much fun either.

Quain Stott likes this.
  8. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

No Gassers for the Wisconsin crew...but we did get to go to Gene and Quains shops.

Attached Files:

chevydeucewagon and Quain Stott like this.
  9. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

And we went to the empty track.

Attached Files:

10. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

Yeah the weather got us last week but we're hoping for good weather this Saturday. Come on out and see all the action. Gassers and hot rods galore. We'll be selling the 2015 South East Gasser calendars in the pits alongside Quick Chic Designs killer hot rod art. Please stop by and say hello!

11. Hey Daron, I'm not gonna be able to make it...save me a calendar. PM me your mailing address & I'll send you the money. -Tom

12. 60 degrees and sunny this time :)
    Sorry you're not going to be there Tom.

13. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Look's like we are going to have at least 18 period correct Gasser and several Front Engine Dragsters. We are trying to get the FED tire smokers ready but no promise's on the tire smokers but we are trying.

14. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

Quain has the Hemi buttoned back up on his FED. Looks like 18-20 gassers and several front engine dragsters from as far away as Texas will make their way to Greer on Saturday. Bret Kepner will be announcing again this year. This is Danny Sandlins digger. Injected small block with a dose of nitro in the tank!You don't wanna miss this event! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1415121316.051308.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

15. Car load from maryland will be there. Was there last week but can't control mother nature. But whats a 9 hr. drive to see the best period CORRECT cars run. Not just old cars but the way they were built in the mid sixties. ill handling wheel standing gassers !!!!!!!

Quain Stott likes this.
  16. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

Sounds great willys41! Be sure to come by and say hello. I'll be in the pits selling calendars out of a black '66 C10.

17. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

It really make us feel good when fan's drive that far to see our Gasser show. Most gasser show's can't even get the locals out to watch, and I have people telling me that the rules are too strict. The strict rules are what makes the show what it is. Thank's to everyone for the support.

Dog_Patch and tylercrawford like this.
  18. Will do . You have me a few calendars reserved .. Ed

19. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

10-4 Ed

20. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Here's the line up for the South East Gasser race this Saturday November 8th. This will be the last chance to see the South East Gassers this year. If you are into mid 1960s era correct Gassers don't miss the last chance to see them.
    Funny thing people told me I would never get anybody to build cars to meet South East Gasser rules. Here's 18 and about 10 more being built for next year. A lot of the thanks goes to the Hamb members for all the support.

Jared Bailey - 55 chevy
    Tommy Lumley - 40 chevy
    Jimmy Huff - ford station wagon
    Mitch Stott - 33 willys
    Sonny Burr - 37 chevy
    Dale Wilson - 57 chevy
    Will Bailey - chevy 2
    Johnny Bailey - 55 chevy
    Quain Stott - 41 willys
    Donovan Stott - 48 anglia
    Jerry Willingham - 64 1/2 mustang
    Greg Porter - 55 chevy
    Danny Graham - Studebaker (all the way from Texas)
    Shannon Smith - 55 chevy
    Gene Cromer - 41 willys
    Jimmy Finley - 64 mustang
    Justin Moses - 56 chevy
    Tim Bailey - 41 willys

21. Quite the line up! Looking forward to this.

Quain Stott likes this.
  22. Great list of cars! I can't wait for Saturday!! Weather is looking great.

Quain Stott likes this.
  23. Gasser MADNESS....is a GOOD thing. The boys run 'em HARD, showin' NO mercy!! If ya wanna see some sho' nuff gear grabbin', wheel standin', motor screamin' hot rods, drag your butt to Greer SC this Saturday. You won't be disappointed. Don't believe me, hit youtube and look up some Southeast Gasser action. Multiply that by 10 when you're there, at the line, when they drop the clutch. Gonna be a long winter, LAST ONE, git there. And a nice bunch o' folks, too.

Quain Stott likes this.
  24. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

That's right 3dnsouth if your into era correct gassers the South east Gassers don't just advertise Gassers to sucker you in like some do, we have era correct Gassers. Be at Greer SC Dragway November 8th and see for yourself.

25. See ya tomorrow!

26. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

I.m here now already 6 Gassers parked. 13 more coming in tonight and in the morning.

27. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

AND HERE I AM AT WORK:(