Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Disc brake conversion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TBilbrey64, Nov 4, 2014.

1. TBilbrey64

TBilbrey64

Howdy All,
    I'm moving right along with my build. Over the weekend I sold the 235, tranny, and rear end out of my '41. I'm going to have it out by this weekend, and ready for fellow who bought it to pick it up. Next I'm going to do the brakes. I have a booster, and master cylinder that is new in the box that came with the car. Going with disc on the front, and rums on the back. Who do you folks recommend for the brake parts?
    Thanks,
    Tim

2. Phil1934

Phil1934

Chevs of the 40s and ECI have front kits. You need to pick a Chevy rear end. Monte Carlo has 11" drums.

3. TBilbrey64

TBilbrey64

I've got a '55 Chevy rear end for the job.

4. Barsteel

Barsteel
    from Monroe, CT

I'm certain that Scarebird also makes a kit for converting the fronts. He'll supply you with the brackets and necessary custom parts, and give you a parts list to complete job. All the parts will be available at your local NAPA. Another option to consider, also the most cost effective, IMHO.

www.scarebird.com

Chris

5. TBilbrey64

TBilbrey64

I'll check them out Chris

6. swaluda

swaluda
    from pa.

I just did a Scarebird on my 50 Plymouth. Everything went together pretty easy. The new hub set up was for a 2006 Jeep though. I just bought wheel spacers and converted it to 5.5 stud spacing, same as my Ford Bronco 8.8 rear transplant. Now I don't need 2 different spares

7. jetcycles

jetcycles

I was happy with the kit that I received from ECI.

8. sqhd

sqhd

Scarebird conversion on my off topic 67 Skylark worked for me. Easy to do and works great.

9. TBilbrey64

TBilbrey64

FYI guys Just got an email back from scarebird, and they don't have anything for my '41 Chevy