Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 32 Glass Patterns

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by hotrodA, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Does anyone have on hand, or know a source for, glass patterns for 32 Tudor door window, quarter window, and rear window? Thanks.

2. studebaker46

studebaker46

chris blatty glassman alliance vendor here on hamb

3. Thanks. I'm familiar with Chris; have bought glass for three projects from him.

Just looking for the patterns, the freight on glass is pretty stout. My little hometown shop can cut and edge finish it.

4. Not much work to make your own patterns out of masonite, especially for the movable side and door windows as the new glass channels seem to be thicker and stock size glass can end up pretty tight.

5. RichB........
    That's my plan if nothing shows up. I have the regulators, and the new front and rear channels showed up yesterday. Progress, although small, is progress

6. BillM

BillM
    Member Emeritus

32 Tudor door glass.JPG Here is a drawing I saved that was made by someone else so I can't vouch for its accuracy, but it would be a good place to start.

7. Wow! That is a great start! Thanks!

8. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I use a place called the Glasshouse. He's done several cars and trucks for me. I always do tempered glass in the side and rear windows, no cracking.

9. Thanks, I did use tempered on my other cars.
    From Chris Blattie.

10. Don't get much better than that my friend......

11. I can send you a drawing (traced around original one) back window glass if you still need it.
    Just PM me your mailing address and I will pop it of to you.

12. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Most old glass shops had patterns that rolled up and went under a table, they layed the sheet of glass on top and marked the outline. Owl Auto Parts here in town had that to use.

13. Thanks, 383deuce!!
    PM sent.

14. Made the pattern's yesterday and will get them off to you in todays mail.

15. THANK YOU!!

The power of the HAMB, and the good folks on it.

16. Since he got his patterns I will high jack his thread and ask if anyone has window patterns for a 1934 tudor sedan. Thank you Gary

17. Bader2

Bader2

Could try the early Ford service bulletins,the model a ones have all the glass measurements in em!