Register now to get rid of these ads!

A friends needs help in NJ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 38nash, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Hi
    I have a friend in park Park Ridge NJ that really need some help, he is not that found in any help, since he is a very proud guy.
    He sits in a wheelchair and can not do so much on his one.(He also has a 36 Stude Rod ,that he never had a chance to be used)
    The engine of his driver, that is a 68 Olds supreme has broke down and he have borrowed some money to buy another engine ,but he cant afford to pay big money to have it installed.
    The engine is today a Olds 350,he is talking about putting a 455 in it, and the guy who want sell this engine say’s that you can put all the outside components from the 350 over to the 455.Is that true or.

I just want someone who lives near by him, go over there and take a look and listen to the engine.Maybe it's not a big deal.
    And maybe if he agrees, can sell and/or put another engine in his car for an ok price.

I live in Norway so I can’t help him with this, he haven’t asked either.

If somebody lives close to Park Ridge NJ and can take a look at his engine, I really would have appreciated it.
    Send me and PM or email for his phone nr and email.
    [email protected]

He will hate me for doing this, but I have to try doing something.

2. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

38nash, Well I don't live in N.J. so I can't really help you.,but I will run this to the top for you.Probably no one from N.J. has read it yet. HAMBERS are generous. Someone will help. I would if he were closer TP

3. Hi TP
    And thanks for your concern.
    I suppose if we run this for a time, there will be someone that can help and take a look at his car.
    I was over and visiting him this summer and had a great time, he is a really nice guy.
    But social system is so much different between Norway and the US, and it’s so much harder to get your wheels going over there when you are not able to work, compared to my country.But you guys now more about that the system, which I do.
    So I will try my best to help my friend out about this. And the thing that he really loves is to take his Olds for a spin. it’s his only transportation.

4. Meester P

Meester P

poppin it back up.

5. lulabelle

lulabelle

Check the hamb helper pages.

6. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

im in the next town over from park ridge. It would be no big deal to check out the other motor for him. I could also put him in touch with a few shops i know to do the motor swap cheap. pm me for my cell #

7. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

Slag Kustom , your a good man!