Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My '32 ford coupe found it's way back home after 56 years

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Hapydz, May 16, 2013.

1. Look what followed me home from Grand Rapids, Mn., last evening :)
    A large part of the '32 that was missing has been taken care of thanks to the HAMB !
    It came complete with sliders and adjuster. Now, let me see.... what do I need ? :D
    Ron

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  2. Good ones are hard to find, especially with hardware, unless they are on the other side of the country. Congrats!
    (Still looking for one w/ flip-up back for my '36..)

Hapydz likes this.
  3. GaryN

GaryN

Hi Ron, great story. Glad to see you got your old car back and that at 75 you're still hard at it. Gives me hope. The coupe in my avatar was bought in 1974 when I was 22 so I've had it for 40 years. Last time I drove it was in 2010 for my youngest son's wedding. I took it apart for a complete rebuild but due to health issues I've been having a hard time getting anything done. Your story gives me some incentive to get out in the shop. Just have to get my new knee working again.
    new sub rails.jpg new quarters.jpg

4. Cusco

Cusco
    from Europe

WHAT A GREAT STORY!! You are very lucky person and the feeling of finding after all these years must be indescribable! This is a great story to begin.

I'm looking forward to see her finished!

:)

Hapydz likes this.
  5. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

That was absolutely the most bad ass story I have ever read on the HAMB. Simply Awesome!!!!

Hapydz likes this.
  6. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Very cool story. Keep chipping away at the deuce. I'm rooting for you.

Hapydz likes this.
  7. CGkidd

CGkidd

Very cool story.

Hapydz likes this.
  8. Just found this story, Wow ! - Subscribed.

9. A small bit of progress to report.... A new stock firewall is in transit... The coupe's original had been changed out for a flat one. I guess it was the hot set-up in the 60's but not so much these days. Let's see, what do I get next..... ;-)

10. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

A guy in my street rod club has a 32 Ford roadster he bought in Hawaii in the late 50's when he was in the navy. had it shipped to San Diego when he was discharged, drove it home to Nebraska in the winter that year with a top but no side curtains. drove it til 1964, then parked it. a few years ago he had a mild stroke and some buddies got it road worthy again so he is driving it and enjoying it. a great time capsule: 265 Chev engine, 39 Ford 3-spd on the floor, banjo rearend, original paint, vinyl seat done in the 50's.

JP55, Stovebolt and Hapydz like this.
  11. damnh6

damnh6
    from australia

Great read ! Thanks for sharing

Hapydz likes this.
  12. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

Congratulations!
    Inspiration for the rest of us who've been chasing down leads on where our first pride and joy ended up.

Hapydz likes this.
  13. ChopTopJimmy

ChopTopJimmy

Ron, Congrats on being reunited with your first love. Great story. CTJ

Hapydz likes this.
  14. The new firewall arrived yesterday. I am very impressed with the quality of it. It feels like it weighs a ton, well almost. Another step closer.... Firewall \'32.jpg :)

oliver westlund and AHotRod like this.
  15. Lid 1.jpg Joe Phillips Restoration here in Thunder Bay will be addressing the trunk lid in the near future then the passenger door will get the dent in the belt line massaged . These dents were in the car when I bought it ....the first time.

16. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

One of the coolest stories to follow here on the HAMB.

volvobrynk and Hapydz like this.
  17. Roadsir

Roadsir

Yep, Keep it up, great to hear you are making progress.

Hapydz likes this.
  18. MBog

MBog

Very cool story and car. we'll be passing thru your town next June, would love to see it in person...

Hapydz likes this.
  19. Wowsers........the dents were there the first time ya' bought it ?? !! Unbelievable, and awesome ! ! ! This story is so hard to swallow....oh what fantastic luck you have ! Feels great I'll bet !

Hapydz likes this.
  20. titus

titus

Ron,

At some point ive been planning a trip back up to visit all my freinds in Thunder Bay, we should plan a day and tear out the front end motor and trans and get the crossmember back where it belongs, you should collect up what you need for the front end and we could mock all that up so it still rolls.

JEFF

21. Great plan Jeff and I really appreciate your offer but there is only one problem with it....See photo Fri Nite.jpg

22. titus

titus

Man, that was a ton of metal work to make a 32 coupe look like a 39! dont you already have one :)

23. What an amazing offer @titus
    Very cool of you to do.

oliver westlund and Hapydz like this.
  24. Eh!Bob

Eh!Bob

Funny how the right car finds it's way to the right hands! Great story .

Hapydz likes this.
  25. roadsterpilot

roadsterpilot

great story....................Congratulations!!!!!!

Hapydz likes this.
  26. Great story that most of us I bet can't come close to!
    For example: I found my first car in the back of the car lot
    too, but it was a 1961 Renault Dauphine! I can never
    even hope to have the warm fuzzy you get with yours!

Robert Crosse and Hapydz like this.
  27. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Yup, I bought my first car, 49 Olds, out of a junkyard, with the transmission out, but it came with a used Hydramatic.
    Then myself and a few friends laid out in our driveway changing that heavy thing without the aid of any jacks or anything, amazing what a 15 year old kid will go through for his first car. o_O:confused::rolleyes: (Edit to add this) And we used tire chains hung between the frame rails to support the engine while changing that heavy as hell 4 speed hydramatic trans.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
    Tony Martino likes this.
  28. I'm very happy to report that Joe Phillips (Restoration) came by this afternoon and picked up the trunk lid. Maybe not a big deal to some but it is to me as it is the start , other than collecting the missing parts, of the actual restoration of the body which is the big feature of this project. :)

29. hipster

hipster

Great post, thanks!

skitzo13 and Hapydz like this.
  30. K.L

K.L

Amazing story!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Hapydz likes this.