Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 65 C-10 wheel ????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by drtybiker, Oct 31, 2014.

1. drtybiker

drtybiker
    from florida

1. Okay my truck has 6 lug wheels and most kool rims are 5 what can I do? 2. If I want to do a front disc brake conversion can i keep 6 lug wheels or will they have to be five lug. 3. How much trouble is it gonna be to change the rear to 5 lug ? Is it just a axle swap ? Or is it a rear end swap ? I am very happy with reversed type deep dish wheels with wide whites and spider caps like big and littles whats the best way to achieve this?

2. squirrel

squirrel

wide whites on a 65 truck? huh?

:)

If you run hubcaps instead of spider caps, you can use steel truck wheels. You could reverse them if you want. You can use later factory steel wheels, from the 70s-80s 4x4s, and get 6 or 8" width six lug. And you can reverse them if you want.

slammed likes this.
  3. drtybiker

drtybiker
    from florida

whats it take to reverse them ...is it as easy as flipping them around???

4. drtybiker

drtybiker
    from florida

like this not the rite truck but was all i could find rite away

Attached Files:

5. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Cut the center out and reverse it then reweld. And the truck with the white walls you just posted is yucky! Gary

6. Jedidiah

Jedidiah
    from Ft Worth

If you want to do a disc brake conversion you can get either 5 lug or 6 lug. It all depends on what you want. One good thing about going to the 5 lug is you can buy replacement rotors at the auto parts. The 6 lug rotors have to be special ordered. You can buy conversion axles for the rear on line. I have bought the disc brake parts from Classic Performance Products for my o/t 69. They will list a lot of parts for your truck. I have been pleased with their parts.

7. drtybiker

drtybiker
    from florida

to me the truck is okay but the wheels are the cats azz

8. Ralph

Ralph

For the rear, CCP makes a kit to get 5 Lug. Front could be either.

9. drtybiker

drtybiker
    from florida

anyone have an idea of what it will cost to put disc brakes around my truck with cpp parts and make it all 5 lugs just a ball park looks to me like it could get costly

10. drtybiker

drtybiker
    from florida

ya think

11. jimcolwell

jimcolwell
    from Amarillo

Be very careful. You can redrill your hubs with an $80 jig. This way you retain your stock bearings and seals. Call Stockton Wheel Co on the wheels and they will do you a good job. I am sure someone sells caliber brackets for your axles. If you are crafty you could build your own. The dirt track racers use the GM metric calipers and there you are. If you leave that master cylinder on the floor you'll need a restriction valve on you rear brakes. Doing it this way you can all ways buy replacement parts at AutoZone. Just my initial thoughts.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. slammed

slammed

Swap the entire front cross member from a '73-up 1/2 C-10. There are a multitude of ways of doing this swap of 6-5 lug. The new parts/aftermarket kits are going to be $ of course. Searching for a wholesaler may save money but again time is $ as well.

13. junkman8888

junkman8888

Greetings! The cheapest way to get five-lug suspension is to rob the entire front cradle, the disk brake master cylinder, brake booster/proportioning valve and the rear axle from a '71-72 Chevy truck , the good, the rear axle is a bolt-in, the bad, the power brake booster is a little strange and expensive to replace. Or you can scavenge what you need from '73 on up pickup, the good, updated front suspension, maybe sway bar, the bad, you'll need to buy a rear-axle bracket kit to mount the rear axle. With either swaps you'll have to "heat and beat" a dent to clear the larger power steering box, best of luck with your project

14. I would suggest you wander over to 67-72chevytrucks.com, check the FAQ section for your series of truck. There is a ton of knowledge and answers to your questions.i personally used an 84 suspension in the front of mine and used Moser axles in the rear, eazy pezy.

15. drtybiker

drtybiker
    from florida

Thank you all who gave positive in sight , I think I will take the advice and get me one of the later model donor trucks and swap it all out in the end I will have all factory parts and not some aftermarket overpriced kit again thanks for the positive .and as far as the negative ......that speaks for itself

16. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I have seen where someone did the later model (up to 87 maybe)truck swap and they said it was fairly simple (to them)
    Not that it matters but Keep in mind You will have the 5 on 5 bolt patern with that swap and not the car or s10 ect 5 on 4 3/4 pattern

17. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If I remember correctly, the later-model suspension swap requires only that one hole per side be drilled.

There are later-style rotors with 6-lugs, instead of 5, available, so you can keep the rear as-is.

I did this with a customer's truck a few years ago.

18. Ralph

Ralph

I did what Gimpy's suggested on my '64. Sort of. I had an '82 donor. I swapped everything but the crossmember. If I did it again I'd swap the whole crossmember, steering, and all, like he did, to get the larger A-arm U-bolts from the 73-87 trucks. The newer stuff has better A-arm bushings, too. For the newer steering box I cut the box mounting area from the '82 frame and welded it in to the 64 frame. Or you can get an adapter kit. I bought the six lug rotors from CPP so I could keep my wheels.