Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Weezy Build: 1930 Model A Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Weezy1930, Feb 10, 2014.

1. louisb

louisb

Looking good. I like it.

--louis

2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Nice A, good work. I hope you aren't in Florida, as I've already got WEEZY tags! That's my 29, next on the hit list. Gary
    DSC_5235aW1600.jpg

3. Weezy1930

Weezy1930
    from OHIO

Thank you, sir.

Ohio here. Nice cars there. I've taken to calling her Weeze more now that she's lookin' a bit more lively lately.

My intention is to make the car look like a teen in the 50's got an A Bone and yanked the fenders off and shoe-horned a V-8 in it and drove it to town for some fun. The steel was put in for safety since the intention is to drive the thing a lot in the summers. The roof wood will be exposed as a black removable Stayfast cover will be installed later. I used Lift-A-Dot fastener bases with wood screws to secure the top sheet metal down to the rails. I'll post pics of this in a bit.

The interior will have panels that only go up to to the beltline of the car. Everything above that will be exposed. Thus, I'm trying to make the steel bracing look like the old wood structure that was removed. It was decided that the bows and rails should remain all wood since it looks real cool and steel would have offered only minimal additional support. I think I will steal Snewpee's Model A interior pattern for the door panels.

It is intended to keep the car simple, solid and safe. My brother always asks "Do you want to be safe or do you want to go fast?" But he also says "If it doesn't have to fly, build it heavy."o_O He's funny that way.:confused:

4. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Great project you have going there.
    I thought I knew all the cool kids in the YO area.
    I know your brothers coupe has been to our clubs show at the B&O station the last 2 yrs, but I dont think I know him either.

5. wex65

wex65
    from WV

Lovin' that wood....awesome color.

Have similar in my coupe.

6. Weezy1930

Weezy1930
    from OHIO

Go, Penguins!

Yeah, my bother's 1933 CAR is cool:cool: but we two are both big squares. So you'd not know us at all.:D Not sure if his car would be considered HAMB friendly though. What do you drive? Maybe I've seen you around town.

Maybe Weeze will be ready for your next meet at the B&O. Hoping to get something roadworthy by spring. We'll see. This thing is taking all my money and twice my time. You'd think I married it.

My brother has a '33 Chevy Coupe and we were just watching your video yesterday. It might have inspired him to put a Six in his 1932 Chevy. Trying to talk him into it--after I talked him out of it this past summer.:oops: