Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1951 Shoebox Ford Kustom

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by hillbillyhellcat, Sep 19, 2014.

1. hillbillyhellcat

hillbillyhellcat

City: Pittsburgh

State: Pennsylvania
    Price: $7500
    1949 Ford Tudor Sedan Kustom
    Stats:

'51 front end with all new chrome bumpers and grille, 351W/reman AOD, Fatman drop spindles w/power discs, Painless wiring harness, Flaming River tilt column, chopped, nosed, decked, shaved handles and trim, suicide doors, frenched headlights and tail lights, remote trunk and door release, this car is approximately 75% done and runs/drives. I have driven the car about 100 miles a year ago with the realization that it still needs some bugs worked out so be good for daily driving.
    The Good:
    This is a solid Nebraska car that has had the body off with the frame and underside completely media blasted and painted. It was reassembled with all new steering and suspension components and new fuel and brake lines. It has a Dynamatted floor, a new gauge cluster, electric wipers, stock rebuilt engine with 4bbl Holley Street Avenger carb, aluminum intake and AOD trans, new door and window seals, new rally wheels and whiteline tires (center caps not shown) Fully welded mandrel bent 2 1/4 dual exhaust with Flowmasters, new windshield and quarter glass, carpet kit, door sill plates, the list goes on. Every square inch of this car has been rebuilt and replaced. The things that cost the most that you don't see are done, everything on the car was replaced with quality, new items. No junkyard parts here.
    The "needs work" Department:
    This car still needs a bit to be a show car or driver. The car is solid but will need some finishing to be ready for shiny paint. Most of the body work needs skim coated and blocked, the '51 hood on it is bad, it sprung up while driving. I have a good '49 hood that goes with the car that will work. The left rocker needs straightened as does the top of the left front fender. The windshield and the fixed quarter glass have been installed with urethane, it definitely works but leaves a bit to be desired to look "finished". The interior is somewhat functional, but I do not have any of the old door panels for templates. Most of the interior finish trim is missing and needs to be sourced and modified to work with the chop or something else done. I was going to do the interior in zodiac vinyl and "gorilla fur" for that '60s vibe. The heater is not in the car but I have all the parts. The wiring harness needs cleaned up, the brakes need bled, the AOD TV cable needs dialed in so it'll shift properly. The car seems to run very well but the engine makes a noise under load like an engine ping or top end. I played with the timing and it went away then came back after running it and I haven't had time to investigate it again. I suspect something as simple as a rocker arm adjustment, nonetheless nothing serious. The cooling fan is hard wired to run all the time. Just lots of little things that need gone over on any car that is in the process of an overhaul.
    The car needs someone with a vision and the time to finish it up. One winter of weekends and this car will be that $25,000 show stopper with the right motivation. Why buy a "done" car if it was done to someone else's specifications and not what you had in mind? That was my reasoning for this purchase but life has gotten in the way and the car as been on the back burner for too long. I don't see myself finishing the car anytime soon so I'd rather sell it to someone who will.
    This car is a running and driving project car but unless you live just down the road IT WILL NEED HAULED to it's new home. I will sell overseas and out of state and will help arrange delivery but the buyer is responsible for all costs and fees related. I am an experienced eBay seller and can help you every step of the way.
    I may entertain trades for a nice pre-1964 car + cash difference, something that would be a suitable family cruiser. Let me know what you might have.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  2. hillbillyhellcat

hillbillyhellcat

May entertain trades.

3. hillbillyhellcat

hillbillyhellcat

4. hillbillyhellcat

hillbillyhellcat

5. hillbillyhellcat

hillbillyhellcat

$6900 OR trade! I have about 40 pictures.

6. hillbillyhellcat

hillbillyhellcat

7. hillbillyhellcat

hillbillyhellcat

8. hillbillyhellcat

hillbillyhellcat