Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

Yard find 54 Ford Customline ***SOLD**

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by 58 Delpala, Oct 19, 2014.

1. 58 Delpala

58 Delpala
    from NC

City: Durham

State: North Carolina
    Price: 3500
    So let me start by saying this cars price will go up the longer it takes to sell because i will be fixing things and getting paperwork handled.

Right now as it sits the price is $3500. At this time there is no title for it as the previous owner passed away and the family has lost it. I am selling it right now with a bill of sale only and plan to apply for an abandoned vehicle title on the first monday in Nov. Once i have a title the price goes up to $3750 to cover my costs. It has a 71 Ford motor and some automatic trans. I dont know Fords very well but a friend confirmed the motor for me. It does start and runs fairly well. The transmission goes into all the gears but i cant test drive it right now. The right rear brakes are seazed and the whole brake system will need to be gone through. The car has a very nice interior but the headliner is sagging but not torn. It has some cool Ford GT wheels on it. The car should be rewired because it has the cloth covered wires and some shoddy splicing. There is very minimal rust on the body. Inner and outer rockers are solid with mainly surface rust. It will need some floorpan work but i am not sure just how bad it is. They glued the carpet down and from underneath i see some galvanized sheets. The battery tray location is rusted very badly and will probably need a new inner fender and battery tray.

The trim is complete and in good condition. Chrome is pitted. Bumpers straight but need rechroming.

If your interested please email me at [email protected] because i dont check in here but once a week or so. Pictures are coming as fast as i can post them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  2. 58 Delpala

58 Delpala
    from NC

I got the rear brake freed up. but it going to need new pads, new brake lines on the rearend and new rubber lines as well because they are dry.. If I end up replacing everything the price goes up again. I did manage to test the transmission and it drives very good shifts like it should. While i had it up in the air i noticed that the bushings and shocks are in pretty good condition. I will wait to do the brake rebuild till later. I want to give people a chance to get it and do the repairs themselves.

3. 58 Delpala

58 Delpala
    from NC

4. 58 Delpala

58 Delpala
    from NC

5. 58 Delpala

58 Delpala
    from NC

bump. The car will be in Raleigh the weekend of Nov. 14 for the Collecter car show at the fairgrounds.

6. 58 Delpala

58 Delpala
    from NC

Bump for reduced price. $3000 will be the price for the Car corral this weekend. If it dont sell then I will fix everything and get the paperwork done and relist it later.

7. 58 Delpala

58 Delpala
    from NC

Bump. If your in Raleigh NC this weekend and are interested in the car just mention this ad.

8. 58 Delpala

58 Delpala
    from NC

I need this thing gone ASAP! I listed it locally on CL for $3500 but If someone here wants it for $2800 then I will sell it without a title. It does run and drive but hard to stop because of the brakes needing rebuilt. Someone come save this car.

9. 58 Delpala

58 Delpala
    from NC

10. 58 Delpala

58 Delpala
    from NC

Sold it to the guy who built the car back in the early 90's. Its a feel good story cause he is now in his 70's and really missed the car and wanted it back for years but had lost track of it.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014