Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 48 TO 52 F1 PITMAN ARM NUT. NEED SOME HELP GUYS

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by bcowanwheels, Oct 27, 2014.

1. bcowanwheels

bcowanwheels

I NEED TO KNOW IF THE PITMAN ARM NUT IS SPECIAL THREADS GUYS. I CANT GET A NUT TO START ON AND THE THREADS ARE NICE ON THE SECTOR SHAFT. I USED MY THREAD GAUGE AND IT CAME OUT TO 14 TPI. COULD SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT WITH "EXACTLY" WHAT THREADS THE PITMAN ARM NUT IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE ? ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED.
    REGARDS
    BOB

2. 29pu

29pu

This what I use,I work at a Mack dealership.The nut that hold the drive gear on a Bendix air compressor is the right size in thickness and thread pitch.Its what`s holding mine on.Usually new compressors come with new nuts and they might give you one off an old core.

loudbang likes this.
  3. Does it look like anyone has ever beat on the shaft with a hammer to get the pitman arm off?

4. Andy

Andy

The shaft is the same as 37-48 pass but nut from 33-48 pass is the same thing. You should be able to find one local. If not PM me as I surly have a few.

5. bcowanwheels

bcowanwheels

my sector shafts are both perfect. just dont have correct nuts ! i bet there special threads. also dont have access to bendix compressor nuts ...........

6. 29pu

29pu

You might be able to get one at a local truck shop or heavy duty truck parts store.

7. bcowanwheels

bcowanwheels

GOT IT WORKED OUT. my eyes arnt what they used to be and the threads had minute corrosion down deep in the threads. I took a fine file with a sharp edge on it,cleanned the threads and it went right on. also its for sure 7/8" x 14 tpi fellas so my ognorance might help somebody else in the future. GOD bless you guys who put up with this old fella.
    regards
    bob

8. bcowanwheels

bcowanwheels

WELL I ordered my tie rod ends today from oriellys. there part numbers was es416r and es416l. there 15.99 each. hope this helps someone out.
    bob