Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods ***Shelby's Hot Rod Roundup "HAMB" Pick 2014***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RAZIN CAIN, Oct 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. image.jpg
    Our 2013 pick and shirt design RoyalShifter...

Shelby's Hot Rod Roundup "HAMB" 2014 Pick

On December 15th 2009 we lost our son Shelby to Suicide...Shelby was a Mechanical Engineering Major at U of L JB Speed School,Engine Builder,General Customizer an very passionate about Drag Racing and Hot Rodding.For the last 3 1/2 years we have been spreading our message of Suicide Awareness thru the Shelby's Hot Rod Roundup and awarding picks at local rod runs,Traditional Style Events,NSRA & Goodguy's Events.With each pick they receive our V8 award made here at our shop a Roundup window sticker an Tshirt designed by Ger Peters AKA Dutch Courage here on the HAMB of your car along with other goodies in hopes of creating partners in the Hot Rod Community,by them spreading our message of Mental Health,Depression & Suicide Awareness.
    After talking to Ryan we have decided for a third year HAMB 2014 pick...it's free an we invite everyone to participate.Here is how we plan to make the pick an what all our HAMBERS need to do:

You can start submitting on October 21st all entries will run till December 15th at that time we will pick four finalist and out of those four they will be voted on by all of you here on the HAMB.

The votes will be totaled and our HAMB Shelby's Hot Rod Roundup pick will be announced on Jan 1st 2014.

The three runner ups will receive a Shelby's Hot Rod Roundup T-shirt and window decal.

Just post in this thread picks of your car at least four including engine an interior,all cars in all forms of driveability are accepted.

Thru out this time I will post more info on what all we do along with other things we do with the award winner.Thanks so much guys we are Hot Rodders just giving back to the community that we love,an Shelby had such a passion for.Good Luck!!!!

image.jpg
    Our Shelby's Hot Rod Roundup Pick V8 award.

2. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Thanx Mark (and Ryan) for doing the "HAMB Round-up" again...I was fortunate to win with my Cadillac in 2012 and I certainly did like the T-shirt designed by Ger..I gave one away to ALL my pals and they still wear them these days...!!! IF you'd care to see the WHOLE build on the Caddy, go here:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=329070&highlight=the+best+55+caddy+build

Ger-Caddy.JPG

Anyway, this is a great thing Mark is doing in honor of his son, and something all of us should be aware of.

Of course, since I'm a "kustom"guy, I'd certainly be remiss if I didn't nominate Cody Walls and his '59 Chevy wagon...that one is definitely K-U-S-T-O-M...!!!

R-

Roothawg and RAZIN CAIN like this.

3. Mark is doing a great job with his foundation and I am proud to call him my friend. HRP

4. I for one would be proud to help and be part of this cause. It has personal meaning for me as well. So here goes my roadster!
    Spring! 005.JPG
    10449461_10154310196705574_1905849405263939012_n.jpg
    010.JPG
    ROADSTER 011.JPG
    ROADSTER 002.JPG

RAZIN CAIN likes this.
  5. Thanks for your entry this year ct1932ford

6. RAZIN CAIN likes this.
  7. Thanks Carl I always look forward to you posting for the Roundup

8. slug

slug

I was honored to win the Shelbys Hot Rod Roundup pick at the Shades of the Past this September. Mark spent some time with my wife and I and we were so impressed with his goals and and how he is going about remembering his son Shelby. Thanks again Mark and hope to cross paths again. John McCue (Slug)

RAZIN CAIN likes this.
  9. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

RAZIN CAIN likes this.
  10. We have some great entries so far Thanks EarlyFordV8 and Dave Mc for supporting us.Ger Peters aka DutchCourageGraphics designs our shirts for this HAMB pick and so far all would make killer shirts.Keep them coming guys & gals.Check us out at:
    www.shelbysway.com

11. John McCue Thanks for the kind words,I enjoyed talking with you and your wife,your Sedan was a great choice at Shades of the Past.I am looking forward to doing your story.

12. ladyhrp

ladyhrp

Mark,I would like to enter my wagon for consideration.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Thanks Brenda your the best I hope you and the girls and Danny are doing Well,missed seeing you guys at Shades this year,so many folks

14. pdc

pdc

There is already some fine machines on here! As usual I will stripe a panel for the winner. I enjoy doing this every year, thanks again RAZIN CAIN for letting me be apart of your cause.

RAZIN CAIN likes this.
  15. Just getting started!

There's more to come.

RAZIN CAIN likes this.
  16. Thanks Paul for doing another panel this year,you doing this is a large part of the goodies the pick will receive.

17. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

I think Ladyhrp's wagon would be a great choice. It appears to have a "MAN PEDAL" [stick shift] and it has the distributor in the front of the engine as well. The way God intended it to be!:D errrrrr..Lady pedal!:oops:

RAZIN CAIN likes this.
  18. Tommy you need to enter the Fairlane.

19. Moneymaker

Moneymaker

help me out a little here guys without giving me too much shit what is this thing? It's before my time.All I know for sure is that I love it and it has a tri power Y block and a stick for power very cool instead of the damn 350/350 chebbies I'm so used to seeing around here. no imagination left in N/W IN just as soon as we can get caught up a little more on our recent move from laporte to michigan city and I can sell off some more race stuff I'll get started on a proper street rod project one powered by a 430 or 462 lincoln or a 394 olds or a nail head buick since it looks as though my big wheelstanding drag racing days are now behind me now according to the Indiana quacks and now even the Chicago TOP quacks who initially gave me a glimmer of hope for recovery have now changed their mind as well and gone 180 on me

20. It's a chopped 33/34 Ford Sedan. HRP

21. Moneymaker

Moneymaker

thank you so tired of seeing 350/350 chrbbies with a Edelbrock performer carb and intake and chhrome sprint car style headers around here masquerading as a street rod. even if they are buying the stuff from us.

22. Well here is one of those 350/350 built for my son two years before his untimely end. It was built by a loving father, a car club, the Townsmen out of Sacto Calif who's help was instrumental in getting her done and cannot be appreciated any more by anyone on this planet I have not posted these before Mark but will include them this year. He owned this car since he was 16 and never had the chance to finish it so dad took care of it for him, now grandson will drive it........
    All work done in our garage and painted in Jim Major's Barn...................
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Humm parts in the bedroom..........
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And of course the final pic...........May you rest in peace my son..........
    [​IMG]

Copper Top, RAZIN CAIN and Dave Mc like this.
  23. Nice Chevy for sure. May God bless you and your family!

RAZIN CAIN likes this.
  24. Sweet 56 Chevy Carl,I'm glad you posted it.
    Come on HAMB members post up,the Roundup is for those who have lost a loved one to Suicide and the ones who left us to soon!

25. JimSibley

JimSibley

My kid helped me with every car I have built. He died from playing the choking game a year ago
    Last week. This is the truck
    We put
    Together for him
    To
    Drive to
    School. He was only 16 and never even got to drive it. Now when I hear that country song " I drive your truck" I just cry like a little girl. I don't expect his truck
    To
    Win anything, I
    Just thought I would share his tragedy. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1416026207.590551.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1416026269.090480.jpg he helped me put the bike
    Together as well. So young, not fair.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

RAZIN CAIN and Dave Mc like this.
  26. JimSibley Thank you for sharing,I remember a year ago we shared in a conversation via PM my Prayers have been with you and your Family.God Bless

27. Ok guys it's Nov.18th you only have till Dec.15th to enter this years Roundup.I know we have a lot of killer cars on the HAMB....are you just choosing to ignore this thread?
    Come on guys participate we have a great forum here with good folks that enjoy giving back to you!
    I am one of those.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.