Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Re: My first attempt at a Gasser- Part 2

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stickerdick, May 29, 2014.

1. stickerdick

stickerdick

We got the brakes allot better, but I think we may still end up going ahead and "bench bleeding " the MC, but for right now, they are acceptable.

2. stickerdick

stickerdick

Trying to get insurance, Grundy had the best deal, but there is allot of paperwork you have to put together and getting all of the receipts together really hurts when you realize how much you have spent on a project and it is not even done yet! OUCH!

3. stickerdick

stickerdick

We got the street exhaust hook-ups built into the headers today and after we make sure we did not warp the heck out of the collectors with all of the welding, I'll run them over and get them ceramic coated and we are going to hook-up the street exhaust temporarily to make sure it will work the way I want or if I need to cut a hole in the boxed frame rails for the exhaust to run through. I'll post some pics on Wednesday.

4. stickerdick

stickerdick

DSC06007.JPG DSC06008.JPG View attachment 2744949 Well, as my luck has been running, the ceramic coating guy is two weeks out, so we will just repaint the headers for now and hookup the street exhaust connectors with temporary flex hose to make sure I can live with the layout of the exhaust before I pay the exhaust guy to create the permanent connectors, I'll post pics later today. Our welding leaves a bit to be desired, but at least you won't be able to see it unless your on your hands and knees under the car. View attachment 2744949

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  5. stickerdick

stickerdick

We are going to finish getting the temporary street exhaust hooked up in the morning, we re-jetted the carbs per Edelbrock's advice and we will make sure the cooling fans are working and then it's off to our Main Street Cruise night and hopefully be able to cruise 12 blocks for awhile without any huge problems, I'll make sure to get pics and videos.

6. stickerdick

stickerdick

A video of the first test run of Angry Bird. The throttle started sticking so we had to give up early, found a few other things not quite right, but that was expected, but overall a fun evening.

7. loudbang

loudbang

Yikes was that through the mufflers LOL? Just a tad loud for road use.

8. stickerdick

stickerdick

No that is with the cutouts open, it was allot quieter through the mufflers, but allot less fun. The electric cutouts worked great, from Summit and they were pretty cheap too.

9. yruhot

yruhot

Great build, Shock angle will work it self out. Tell them you are still tuning the suspension and at that angle you took two tenths off your ET.lol. Also I might add to your last post "Nothing two more months more work won't fix." When building mine it was nothing two more months and a healthy credit card won't fix.lol. Looks like a cool build. Want to see a video of this thing in action.YRUHOT........Doug

10. stickerdick

stickerdick

We fixed the shocks awhile back they seem to be fine now, the ride is a bit harsh, but I kind of expected that. I agree with the two more months deal, right there. At this point it will be awhile before we have any video of the car running hard, but hopefully not too long. I'm glad you like the car, I do too!

11. stickerdick

stickerdick

604111_10203125850246390_5724151144760450337_n.jpg Well, I know some of you are going to see the ad sooner or later.... But I am thinking about selling the Gasser. I am having some issues at home that are more important than a car (I can't believe I said that!) But its true and with the holidays coming up, I think it might be better to focus my time on family and business right now. I got to drive the car, I'm really disapointed that it will not be me finishing the car, whomever buys it will be getting a really nice car for most likely half of what I have in it and that's life.

12. stickerdick

stickerdick

I decided to try just a temporary solution for the routing of the exhaust from the fenderwell headers to the street mufflers, I had never used the corrogated bendable exhaust tubing before, I was surprised at how well it worked, its not very pretty, but it does work. underneath from front.jpg drivers side temp exhaust.jpg pass side temp exhaust.jpg

13. stickerdick

stickerdick

I also bought one of these California Car covers for a Falcon coupe, it fits the car pretty well, even with the moon tank and the tunnel ram. car cover.jpg

14. Stumbled upon your ad on eBay last night. Sorry to hear. Hopefully you will get good $ for it. Maybe a trip to the Turkey Run is in your future. Best Wishes.

15. stickerdick

stickerdick

I don't know, the ad has gotten allot of interest, I'm going to lose a TON of dollars, but I was not building it (or should I say, paying to have it built) to make money, I was not planning on selling it so soon, so I hope it sells in one aspect and I hope it does not in another so I could drive it a few more times, but I don't want to leave any messes behind for somebody else to clean up, so what happens will happen.