Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration woods find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ned5049, Oct 26, 2014.

1. ned5049

ned5049

Saw this today while walking my dog in a patch of woods near here. Like a barn find, only a woods find ! Been there a while ! No, no plans for it.

Attached Files:

• 060.jpg
      060.jpg
      File size:
      1 MB
      Views:
    • 062.jpg
      062.jpg
      File size:
      969.8 KB
      Views:
    • 063.jpg
      063.jpg
      File size:
      910.8 KB
      Views:
    • 061.jpg
      061.jpg
      File size:
      745.7 KB
      Views:
  2. Understandable....

3. henry29

henry29

That's a 62 Oldsmobile.
    Looks like there's enough there to convert a hardtop to a convertible.

4. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Its cool to find something like that even if it would only be good for parts, and it would be good if someone could use those parts instead of letting them go to waiste and rust into the ground but Its kind of sad at the same time to see something like that removed from its resting place to be gone forever, never to be found there again or if its something you knew where it was for years and all of a sudden its gone.

Anyone else get what Im tryin to say?:)

....I guess you could say I find what it is (A old car in the woods) more interesting than what it could be (A few tid bit parts and scrap)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
    40fordtudor likes this.

5. Wiper motor is worth pulling and testing.

I don't know if there's any demand to convert a hardtop to a ragtop for these, but I would imagine you can pick a few other bits to sell if you really wanted to.

6. henry29

henry29

Isn't the top frame and windshield post the same as chevy and pontiac?

7. "Western NY" Lockport?

8. scotts52

scotts52

I'm working on an Olds. I'd love all those parts to convert a hardtop. PM me if interested in salvaging for me.

9. SicSpeed

SicSpeed
    from Idaho

Ahhh, rat trap anyone

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App

10. When I find something like that I wonder why it ended up there, the defining moment to discard said item to the elements.JW

11. Steering wheels on those are pretty cool

12. Typically with those year Olds and lower series Pontiac they would get parked for one of two reasons, in NY anyhow - either the frame rotted out in the back, or the Slim-Jim roto-Hydramatic gave up. Looks like that one saw some parting out while they were at it.

13. ned5049

ned5049

Southern tier.

14. ned5049

ned5049

Looked like the engine is complete less carb and right rocker ass'y & valve cover. Probably locked solid. Has slim Jim trans. Top and w/s frame could be salvaged. Bent down from snow when fabric was on it. Steering wheel pretty bad/ chrome missing. Chrome push buttons in dash ok. Some t/lights ok. I learned to drive in a new 62 2dht [and a 56.]

15. joseph.peter.carter@us.ar

[email protected]
    from USA

While living off base, Ft Carson, CO, my neighbor's son (10 year old) found a 62 Chevy, 2 door in the woods (same shape as the subject car), took all of the parts that he could unbolt, blasted them, prime them, and put them on E-Bay, and you know he sold about 75% of them. The only problem he encounter, was the fact, that he left a few tools in the woods. In that area of CO, it was not really woods, but just barren areas where no one lives.

16. that narrows it down.....Silver Creek?

17. Olds Dad

Olds Dad

"Ran when parked" ;)

18. ned5049

ned5049

Olean

19. rprice76

rprice76
    from Palominas

Should buff out just fine! Sorry - I had to...

20. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

Needs a paint job thats for sure.

21. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Looks like your dog can't even bear to look at it. I'm sure his opinion would be "RUFF"...........couldn't resist

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Bubba1955 likes this.
  22. I'd snag the rear end if it's there and, the cars owner didn't mind..... I have thing for the Olds rears!

Dustin

23. 56shoebox

56shoebox

Whoa!!!! When I got to the third picture I thought that was a bear walking in front of the car at first.

24. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I know an English gent that could make a '32 out of that.

25. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Dang! rprice76 tree'd me.:rolleyes:

26. Zerk

Zerk

27. lewk

lewk
    from Mt

The windshield frame, top, seat springs and convertible tub are worth grabbing. Many a Impala convertible has been built from a BOP rag top, a 4dr Impala and a pile of patch panels. If I lived anywhere near it I'd be out with a saws all right now.

28. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I agree, when the whole car disappears from a situation like that it is a little sad. Though I do understand when parts seem to wander away from the car. They could be a considerable amount of the car but it's good to know that those parts are making their way back onto the road.
    Handy parts to pocket (With permission!) are engine brackets, hinges, all the fiddley parts that you never usually think about until you need it!
    You may never build or even touch an Oldsmobile again but remember, this is Hot Rodding. It doesn't matter what the part is from so long as it fits and works, as is or with some manipulation.
    There is always your mates too that you may be able to help out, having a stock pile of various parts is ALWAYS a great thing!
    Hope that makes some sense?!
    Cheers,
    Doc.

29. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

PS: Looks like someone has a 'snatch' issue on their fifth shot! :p:rolleyes:
    Doc.