Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday models

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by milo1303s, Mar 16, 2014.

1. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

DSCF8090.JPG DSCF8093.JPG DSCF8094.JPG DSCF8101.JPG Ain't quite Sunday here, but close enuff. I think I got close on the paint. I'm satisfied. Thanx again to froghawk for the lead on the Saphire Blue. The social group may be gone, but that doesn't mean we can't help out when we can. Thanx again froghawk.

Jigger likes this.
  2. wojojo: Old plastic kit built years ago sorta gasser style. Tim (just saw your post)

3. How about a photo bomb of the 5window deuce I built for the build off a couple years back? Bonneville Bob's build got me jazzed… Still trying to make time for the 'Vettte…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BONNEVILLE BOB 95 likes this.
  4. Little early here too but why not? Thought I'd post this just for fun.
    [​IMG]

JimC and Jigger like this.
  5. Buddy Boyd

Buddy Boyd

Attached Files:

JimC and BONNEVILLE BOB 95 like this.
  6. froghawk

froghawk

B'ville Bob, nice work on the paint!

Jigger, excellent, period perfect early '60s 5W! Love the job you did on the firewall.

Still working on little details for the '59 Sunliner mild custom. Finished scratching an inside rear view mirror. Working on sun visors now. Pretty (yawn) exciting stuff. Pix sometime soon.

Just to prove I was here, a few shots of AMT's beady-eyed old '62 Vette...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JimC, Jigger and SAM3 Customs like this.
  7. Froghawk: the vette is just georgeous. Tim

8. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

Once again I must quote the film "Waynes World". "I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!" Jigger, froghawk, wojojo, awesome werk as usual. I'm gonna assume the '32 firewall is scratch built. The Mopar looks like an old street racer from around here. A Honduras maroon '62 Vette. What else do ya hafta say. Great job guys.

9. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

Buddy your lil truck makes me wanna rebuild my old F-100!

10. Looks great man, thanks for the kind words.

Bonneville Bob, thank you. Yes, the progression photos of the firewall are in the first group of pics I posted.
    I was planning to use the one that came with the reissue of AMT's deuce roadster 2 in one but it got misplaced.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  11. All you guys!!!! Fantastic work, I am speechless !!! WOOOWWWWWW!

12. slingshot392

slingshot392

The 32 & Vette are awesome!

Jigger likes this.
  13. fat141

fat141

How good is this week eh?
    Great work, might have to throw all mine in the trash, can't match the talent around here.
    Rod

14. Thanks Bob but while I agree that the '32 and the 'Vette are awesome my Mopar doesn't even hold a candle to those two. The Plymouth is just an "in progress" body (see last Sundays post) that I stuck on an old funny car frame I had lying around. The only hard work showing up in that photo was getting the "smoke" formed around the tires. :D

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
    Jigger likes this.
  15. fat141

fat141

Well, you did a good job mate

16. I like it wojojo! I wish I couold find the pictuere I took about a million yeats ago of a '77 Monaco Cop car I built into a late '70's-early '80's Pro-Stocker. I did the same thing with the cotton and rubbed burnt cork on the pavement to simulate the burnout. I set the little 110 instamatuc on the ground basically and shot ot from a 1/8th angle. The car wasn't particularly detailed but was one I was pretty proud of. The blur of that crappy film actually made the shot pretty convincing. Only tip off was the scale of the car vs the redwood fence in the background. Wish the light set actually worked… Ha Ha! Here's the '57 Chevy I was building around the same time then and now.

Then, it was riding high on K/5 Blazer gear…(setting on the shelf of that same redwood fence)

[​IMG]

Here is the car as it sets now having been properly treated to a bunch if it's proper custom parts from the reissue of the AMT kit a few years back:

(Still working on the trim…)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Here are a couple shots of the cop car wereing the old paint and the way I've modified it to creat a replica of one of the two coupes the Nebraska State Patrol had in service, in progress...

Appologies for the poor quality shots… old school digital cams...

Before

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. tmwracing

tmwracing
    from Ohio

19. philo426

philo426

20. froghawk

froghawk

OK, T. M. Dubya, you have my attention with this original Monogram "Sizzler" dragster! What's the story?

21. froghawk

froghawk

Got some more detail bits made for the '59 Sunliner. Scratch wipers, inside mirror, and sunvisors.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

22. philo426

philo426

23. tmwracing

tmwracing
    from Ohio

This model was my former neighbors, he probably built this thing in the sixties, when he passed away several years ago, I got a few of his old kits.

24. Hey guys: I'm interested in a '32 coupe body in 1/8th scale. Used to be someone on here that had a source, I think. Can't remember the name. Anyone have an idea. Tim

25. remy

remy

Never tried doing one of these. Looks like fun.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

26. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I could be wrong, but I think you might be missing one more white stripe on your D-Day stripes. Gary

27. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

Nothin groundbreaking outta me this week. Got a lil bit done. Trying to get happy with some wheels for Project '29. DSCF8107.JPG DSCF8104.JPG DSCF8106.JPG DSCF8111.JPG

Olson likes this.