Register now to get rid of these ads!

Good things in small packages

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Microcar1, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Microcar1

Microcar1
    from NY

Greetings from New York (where people think you're very odd if you are into cars). Tight spaces and high rents have led me to an interest in small cars. I just sold my '48 Crosley Wagon but I'm getting a crosley-powered H-Mod special ready to go.
    Small.jpg
    Looking forward to posts.

Microcar1

2. MyOldBuick

MyOldBuick

Sharp looking car. I got rid of a Morris Minor that was customized this spring. Now I've got a '74 MGB that I just got running. It's not quite that small, but at least it's fun and not another Honda. :)

3. Microcar1

Microcar1
    from NY

I had fun with the Crosley -- but since it was "dead stock" I was hesitant to do much to it. And I decided that if I'm going to playout my mid-life crisis with a car -- it should be something slightly more sporty than a 44 cu. in. station wagon. (With the right effort, a Crosley can be taken up to 40-50 hp, but stock they only deliver about 25.)

My solution was two-fold. I went out and found a Berkeley Sport to drive around now, and I have a Crosley-powered H-Mod in the works.

Here's the Berk:
    P3270055 small.jpg
    It's just over 10 feet long, weighs less than 800 lbs, and is powered by a 492cc Excelsior 2-stroke. It's a lot of fun.

Microcar1

4. Microcar1

Microcar1
    from NY

A 1969 TVR Vixen Mk.2 with a 1.6L Ford Kent Crossflow is a fun road car (and a good autocross option). ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1414376679.052224.jpg

And a Crosley-powered H-Mod is great fun on the track (though not too fast). ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1414376765.618692.jpg