Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Chevy 350 Gasoline Turbo Kit

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by karambos, Oct 23, 2014.

1. karambos

karambos

A friend of mine sent me a link to what I can only describe as a bolt on chevy 350 turbo kit from keystone turbo LLC.

Here's the link:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.351033871703560.1073741837.330435930430021&type=3

I've never heard of something like that. I was under the imperssion that adding a turbo is anything but "bolt on" and involves some serious modification to the engine to deal with extra stresses.

Has anyone any experience with this sort of thing? Any comments welcome.

2. squirrel

squirrel

depends how much boost you make. If you want to increase power by 50%, you can get by with a stock engine (for a while). If you want to double or triple the power, it won't work so well.

3. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I recall seeing a bolt on kit like that many years ago marketed by Accel from memory? It was advertised in old Custom Rodder magazines and yellow in colour.

4. I've got a complete aftermarket turbo set-up from the "70's stashed away. I can't remember what brand. It was developed for the low compression engines in trucks and RV's that pulled loads up the Mountains. I always intended to use it on something. It even has an alcohol injection kit to eliminate detonation and an oiling system. It uses a Rochester Quadrajet carb.

hiboy likes this.

5. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

We used to call those kit for instant rebuild kits, the good sets came with all you needed to turn a motor to "the dark side of the force", and if it only came with the outside parts, it meant you ended up with being "rebuild needed"

Because when you had the possibilty to adjust pressure, and hat the creaving to win. Instant shop time! :D

But it can be made to work, with desent pressure and modest driving! Depending on engine age and maintence Record.

loudbang likes this.