Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The 1955-1956 Plymouth and Dodge Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MrBelvedere2, Feb 12, 2009.

1. porky55

porky55

That's cool. I don't think I've ever seen a Chevy grill in one before. Fits pretty well.

Sent from my MB886 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Sperduton

Sperduton
    from NJ

NIce mod and yes the lighting kit was an option.

3. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Here's a 55 DeSoto which I will get tomorrow. Built by Hamber DeS about 11 years ago. Includes a sharp 291 Hemi and lots of body mods.

Attached Files:

• soto.JPG
      soto.JPG
      File size:
      42.8 KB
      Views:
  4. Rusty Karz

Rusty Karz

Sweet!

5. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

OK! You have a sharp ride right there! You must post more pictures than that mister.

mauler rich likes this.
  6. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Thanks. I like it too. I will post more photos when I get the baby home.

Attached Files:

• 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      43.8 KB
      Views:
    • 6.JPG
      6.JPG
      File size:
      50.2 KB
      Views:
    • PICT0077.jpg
      PICT0077.jpg
      File size:
      49.3 KB
      Views:
  7. CoupedevilTom

CoupedevilTom
    from Norway

Here is my 56 plymouth that i started with this vinter! Gonna be a mild kustom, just started to redo the taillights.. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1419953946.784931.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1419953963.652068.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

LOST ANGEL and stillrunners like this.
  8. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Got my baby home and cleaned it up. Hemi runs like a dream. Can't believe this car was built 12 years ago, it's still in amazing condition! I'm happy!

Attached Files:

stillrunners likes this.
  9. Pinball

Pinball
    from lowell, mi

does anyone have pictures of the disc conversion from Rusty Hope so I can get an idea of what I'm getting into?

10. Hotrod_Bandit

Hotrod_Bandit
    from Joplin mo

I would trade my 55. For a wagon in a sec. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1425260255.570003.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1425260268.302388.jpg

SintownKing likes this.
  11. Plaza56

Plaza56

So I posted this pic about 15 months back when I got my Plaza.
    [​IMG]
    Here is how it looks now. Wheels and tires make all the difference.
    [​IMG]

stillrunners and mauler rich like this.
  12. 55hemidodge

55hemidodge
    from Smyrna ga

Here's a couple of pics of my 55 custom royal 4 door sedan daily driver, this car has a 270 Hemi with a 904 torque flight and 4 wheel disc brakes, unfortunately I had a little mishap the other day, a guy pull out and stopped across my lanes of traffic waiting for the opposite side traffic to clear causing me to slam on the brakes and skid sideways across a couple of curbs, wiping out the left rocker panel and the bottom of both left doors as well as destroying both rims and bending the left axle. I had another axle and I'm fixing the other mechanical issues from the wreck and I ordered a new rocker panel. The last pic was taken after the wreck. BTW, if anybody out there has a pair of 55 dodge driver side doors somewhere in the South East let me know...

Attached Files:

mauler rich likes this.
  13. George

George

You sure it's a 904, my understanding is the starter won't fit when bolted to a hemi block w/o excessive grinding. On the door, try asking at www.forwardlook.net

14. nice car.....sorry to hear about the crunching....

15. t-rod

t-rod

16. 55hemidodge

55hemidodge
    from Smyrna ga

17. 55hemidodge

55hemidodge
    from Smyrna ga

QUOTE="George, post: 10952323, member: 4371"]You sure it's a 904, my understanding is the starter won't fit when bolted to a hemi block w/o excessive grinding. On the door, try asking at www.forwardlook.net[/QUOTE]
    Yeah it's definitely a 904, i just finished building it a month ago but it did require some grinding on the block, the adapter is homemade, cut down from a stock 392 torqflite spacer plate and a crank hub spacer my dad made on his lathe from aluminum stock with a 426 Hemi 8 bolt flex plate. I'll definitely get on forward look and post an ad but now I think I'm going to try to find a whole body

stillrunners likes this.
  18. wallyringo

wallyringo

1955 Plymouth rear end swaps, who`s done it and what did you find to fit? thanks.

19. Powerflite

Powerflite

Use a '65-'70 B-body rear. The '68-'70 will put your wheels at about stock location with 1/2" offset on the wheels. The '65-'67 is a little shorter and will result in 1/4" offset on the wheels. You will need to move the spring perches in to 41" separation. I recommend that you re-use the thin perches from your stock axle so that they will fit well on the splayed rear springs. They will also have the shock mounts on them so that you can reuse your old U-bolt plates and put your shock in the stock location. I used the remains of the B-body perches to ensure that I welded the new ones at the same pinion angle as the original B-body and it worked out perfectly.

Note: I didn't re-use my original perches and it resulted in a lot of trouble to get it to work.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
    Big Swede likes this.
  20. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Could one of you with a '56 Plymouth two-door sedan help me with some measurements?
    I need the length of the door at the top, at the beltline and across the middle:
    [​IMG]
    Would be a big help. Thanks!

21. and can we ask why....?....shipping ?.....have one it will take me a day or two.....that's a Savoy there I'm sure....

22. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

OK, I'll be honest - it's for a four-door-to-two-door conversion on the '56 Jo-Han Belvedere model kit. Why the hell they made it a sedan...:rolleyes: I measured one at Memory Lane in Sun Valley once, but I can't find my notes. It'll be a traditional custom when I get through with it, of course.
    Thanks again!

54delray likes this.
  23. Plaza56

Plaza56

Here you go........

Top, 31 1/4"
    Belt line. 37 1/4"
    Middle. 46 3/4"

Paint it red with a white top, and you're all set!

24. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

Thank you Plaza56!
    I've already nosed and decked it and removed the side trim, and I'll be replacing it with side trim from a '58 Fairlane. Got chrome reverses and narrow whitewalls at the moment but might switch to Fiestas from the Revell '50 Olds.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    54delray likes this.
  25. wallyringo

wallyringo

thank you for the help Powerflite, this is the kind of help i need. I have a few pick parts lots around me to call around and check stock.

mauler rich likes this.
  26. GaryS

GaryS

I was going back through the old posts and the motor mount issue seems to arise periodically, so here's another way to skin a cat using later model, inexpensive Mopar spool mounts. When searching for '56 OEM parts I found nothing cheaper than $400 for a set. The common Mopar spool mounts were less than $20 a pair from Rockauto, and the brackets that were cut from a 2000-something Ram were $30 from a local yard.
    [​IMG]

27. Randy Routt

Randy Routt

I
    I gotta guy.... A friend of mine has a few 1955 and 56 Dodges, theres a few 4 doors that he may be willing to sell doors from. In east central Mississippi. His pet prioject is a 56 Golden Lancer D500 that needs a heap of body work. He has another body he was gonna swap the frame and hemi into but realized the Golden Lancer trim on the D500 made it special. Let me know if you havent found any yet.

28. Sperduton

Sperduton
    from NJ

I did the same as above...67 b-body rear. Re-used original perches. For brakes i used f/j/m backing plates, brakes, drums, etc. That's like volare, aspen diplomat... One you get the backing plates the rest of the stuff is still available at a box auto parts store.