Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2014 TRJ Show Creative Display--new approach!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hamtown Al, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Leave it to Jay Fitzhugh of Rodders Journal to raise the bar for creative displays on the fairground!

Anybody else would have left the wheel in the display after removing it to show and highlight the great beauty and detailing of his rear brake drum and undercarriage.
    Jay, on the other hand, must have felt that the wheel and tire would somehow DETRACT from the overall effect he was trying to achieve!

Very innovative!!

Of course, I later heard that Jay had concocted some goofball cover story about having a flat or something so that his secret would not be immediately discovered and copied around the world!

Those Rodders Journal fellas are sharp! I sure won't tell on Jay. Nope; not ol' Hamtown.
    Jay Fitz 1.JPG Jay Fitz 1.JPG Jay Fitz 1.JPG Jay Fitz 2.JPG

Sorry, I did a double take, too, at first!

2. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

I saw a good Samaritan unloading said wheel & tire after a repair!!

3. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Naw... that was part of the cover-up story. Jay had allot of people in on it.

Didn't he? ;)

4. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

Here's a clue.

[​IMG]

5. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

The wheel came out of that trunk!! I think he also found evidence that some unwelcome guest had taken up residence!!

6. J. Fitzhugh

J. Fitzhugh

Man, give a guy a break! Hahaha. Many thanks to Vegas for getting me over to the east side. Not everyone can properly deal with Halibrands. This was the first time out with the new brakes (41 Lincolns on the front with a V8 Garage pedal assembly) in a year and the tube in the rear tire split. Fudge!!!!

Driving it this weekend to the Jalopyrama in Annapolis and hopefully all four wheels get to stay on the ground all weekend. I appreciate the pics and the well deserved ribbing.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. Al (Vegas) to the rescue.:)............Glad it all worked out.