Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Anyone interested in a Houston HAMBer's Meet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gwhite, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Yep, get there on Friday, hotel reservation done! Hope to see everyone there. Hey Mark you can't get your 100 MPH at DOD, they're only running 1/8 mile, no 1/4 this year.

2. Anyone going to the Hellions show on Sunday? It's a new event but they do a hellava job at Hoedown, the car area is no charge I think but there is an admission fee for the Carfish Festival. image.jpg

3. CaddyRat

CaddyRat

Oh heck ya! Thanks for the flyer

4. aldixie

aldixie

I saw it advertised on Facebook. Sam Navarro and the Lonestar Devils are playing as well.

5. oilslicktg

oilslicktg

Ok the Day of the drags are now the same weekend as the Burnout and breakfast, life is short, looks like the Drags win.

6. Is anyone going to Torchy's before Burnout?

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

It's looking like I may have over time at work. Won't know for sure, until tomorrow afternoon.:(

8. aldixie

aldixie

I'll be going to Torchy's if anyone else is. I think Txturbo is going.

9. txturbo

txturbo

I thought that was the whole plan......Torchys then the Burnout.

10. aldixie

aldixie

Like me. Lol. Chevy is done but brakes need bleeding and now the Cadillac is blocking the garage up on stands.

11. silverjk

silverjk
    from Houston

i'm going to try to make it to Torchy's, I haven't really had a chance to properly clean my car for the show, so I'll be doing that Saturday Morning, if I finish in time I'll head up to Torchy's.

12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Well, I have to work, but it's only for a 1/2 day. I'll miss the "Hipster" tacos, but I'll make the show. I'll grab some REAL tacos on my way.:D ETA, a little after 10am. I'm driving the T Bucket to work, in order to save time.

13. txturbo

txturbo

I'm just bringing the truck. Both Cadillacs are grounded.

14. aldixie

aldixie

Just got back from Harbor Frieght and checked the local car show happening there. Quite a few cars, it's been going for a couple of weeks. Went to get a body saw and had a look around.

Attached Files:

15. txturbo

txturbo

what time are we meeting at Torchys?

16. aldixie

aldixie

I think 8 was mentioned in the past and then onto the show from there.

17. txturbo

txturbo

18. CaddyRat

CaddyRat

Never been to Burnout before. Was there a pre-registration? Or do you just pay at the door?

19. aldixie

aldixie

Get there early and pay at the door. It soon fills up. There is parking for daily drivers across the street.

20. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Well, I just got home a bit ago. I got some "Hipster" tacos and we got in the 1/4 mile line of cars waiting to get in. I decided I would go chill somewhere else and wait for the line to clear up.

Drove around, stopped by a girl friends house and decided not to go back. Almost got t-boned on the way home.:eek::mad: Probably should have let him hit me. I could use a good reason to build a new car.

What I did realize, after sitting in the line at "Burnout"is, I am REALLY going to stop going to shows for a while. The price was $20 to get in and I'm honestly tired of me paying for people to look at my car. That's almost a tank of cruising gas for my little T Bucket.

Not sure if I'm just getting old or maybe I'm just tired of all the car show bullshit. Probably a little of both. Selfish? Possibly. Either way, I'll see you guys at the next breakfast. Those are more fun anyway.

21. CaddyRat

CaddyRat

22. It was a really great show. just get there an hour early!!

Too old to be 19

23. aldixie

aldixie

On the way home a trailer in front of us lost its load of 8x4 1/2" plywood sheets they went about 12 feet in the air and hit the car behind, all we thought was oh s!!t.

Was a good show, we stayed until about 2, then we were loosing the shade from our tree. Got home and started working on the Caddy.

24. silverjk

silverjk
    from Houston

i swung by Torchy's around 9:20, but nobody was standing by a car so I gave up on figuring out who was there and headed on over to the show. Had a good time though at the show.

25. aldixie

aldixie

You should of come on in. We are pretty easy to spot. Lol

26. 54MEB

54MEB

Fred was that your T parked out on Beall by the gate? I met you two years ago at the burnout.

Was that car show in Harbor freight's parking lot? Which one was it ?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

27. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I saw your car make the corner. I was standing outside having a smoke. If I go to "Burnout" next year, I'll get there earlier. I just didn't anticipate what looked like a larger turn out. In the past, I'd show up at 9:30 and be the 4th or 5th car in line. They may need a larger venue as well.

28. silverjk

silverjk
    from Houston

i think the venue can support it, i'm not sure why they took so long to let people in. The show did take up the side lot but there was plenty of room for many more cars.

29. Alex I'm glad you guys dodged a bullet so to speak, hope everyone in the car behind you is ok as well. for those that didn't hear Mark T aka olskoolrodder won best hot rod at Burnout AGAIN, congrats Mark.

30. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

By the gate? I was so far back in line, I couldn't see the gate! Won't happen again though. Next year, I'll do like I've done in the past. Tacos on Washington Ave. at 8am, in line at 8:30am.

So, any news on the Anglia "wreck"?