Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My 1936 Ford coupe with the help of another 4dr donor.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by beanheadjr, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Flathead, 3 speed

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  2. Pics of the more door and parts I picked up from Ohio. Taking the coupe off the ruff 36 frame.

Attached Files:

3. Removing the rear half of the more door. Picked up some patch panels at Kalamazoo Michigan nsra, for my rusty rear tail pan inner and outer.

Attached Files:

4. Just needed some mock up pics. I know the body lines need a lot of work still. I'm going to patch the floor next.

Attached Files:

5. Pics

Attached Files:

6. Motor pics

Attached Files:

7. Awesome ! I like your improvised chain stay frame.....good repurpose of the ole' Hi-Lift jacks. I would have never thought of that.

8. dos zetas

dos zetas

I agree, make that a tech week post for us, please.

9. lewk

lewk
    from Mt

Pretty cool. I'm playing with the idea of doing the same thing. I have a pile of '35 Tudor and Fordor chunks and I'm flirting with the idea of getting a 5 window back half I know of. Out of curiosity, why did you go with the 4dr roof sections over the doors instead of splitting the cowl/front section off at the body seam just above and behind the A pillars and using the coupe roof section up to that seam? Also, are you going to extend the flat section of the floor to coupe length or use the sedan style floor? How does that fit? I've been thinking a lot about this and it's cool to see someone doing it.

10. I have one trunk hinge for the coupe. If you need it, I'll drop it by next time in Southern Ontario.

11. Ok will do. I believe I posted it on homemade tools and equipment years ago....

12. The coupe roof section and all of the cowl was beat up. If u look in one of the pics of the coupe on the drivers side it had some serious damage. I will end up using the sedan doors and cutting them down on the top to move the top roof section down. Some serious body work needs to be done still.

13. How much are you looking to get for it? I have a cottage just north of Huntsville and sled in northbay if u drop south at all?

14. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

look s like a cool project , I like your watch dog ,

15. You sent me some chassis drawings a few years ago. If you want it, we'll drop it off, or ship. May be down to Kitchener sometime in November.

16. ems customer service

ems customer service

thanks for using one of our panels. check out our web site for more 35/6 ford parts, www.emsautomotive.com but in the topic " photo album" you will find some photos of tailpan installs and the inner panel "trunk floor extension" you may need this

thanks again

the ems guy

17. hotrod36

hotrod36

Its coming together quickly Bean, looks good man.

18. You've already done a ton of work and have the hard part behind you.....getting started! Tim