Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Selling a rod.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nealmunn, Oct 16, 2014.

1. nealmunn

nealmunn

Has anyone used or heard of Heartland Media Group?

2. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

When I had my 32 sedan for sale they called me several times trying to get me to list it with them and every time they called I told them to stop calling which they ignored. They cruise the different sites like hot rod hotline, cars online and such to try to get listings. I'd stay away from them.

patmanta likes this.
  3. Just another predator site looking for cash. HRP

Merlin likes this.
  4. ^^^^^^^^exactly. Use Hot Rod Online, I have heard good things about them.

5. Why not list it on the HAMB Classifieds or is it one of those "late model rods" ?

40fordtudor, X38 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  6. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

You joined in 2010 and this is your first post ? Not a big talker, are you. :D

Don

40fordtudor and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. The place left him speechless! (or dumbfounded)

8. bcarlson

bcarlson

I run a little free hot rod classifieds site www.drillist.com

Not sure if it's up your alley, but feel free to check it out. I built it because I got sick of eBays fees, craigslists frustrating search, and forum classifieds that you have to click on to view images.

-Ben

9. Barsteel

Barsteel
    from Monroe, CT

10. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Your best bet is here on the Hamb or another well known site.I recently sold a car and used a site also that I found out was trolled by scammers. Had to deal with one out of Omaha Ne.Check out the company in question here very well including BBB ratings, reviews, and ask LOTS of questions.If they contacted you after finding your listing somewhere,dump them.If they are legit they don't have to use that practice.
    Same goes for shippers.Start here on the Hamb first and go from there.Brokers line up the lowest bidder and that's trouble.Trust me,I just went around the block with these issues.Do your homework

11. bcarlson

bcarlson

Dang it. I'll PM you once I figure out the issue. Thanks for trying, and thanks TONS for letting me know you had an issue!

-Ben

12. retromotors

retromotors

Your site came up OK for me just now.

13. I just tried it & it worked for me. Kool site :cool:

14. Other than some of the prices don't match the pics, it looks like a great site, needs more advertising to help find it.

15. Barsteel

Barsteel
    from Monroe, CT

Just tried to post an ad again..."there was an error creating your ad". I can see the ads just fine, doesn't like me to post.

I'm getting tired of typing the same thing over and over...

16. pitman

pitman

Had 2-300 hits per/month on Hemmings, 30-40 on Carsonline.

17. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Worked for me---cool.

18. bcarlson

bcarlson

Thanks for the kudos guys, I'm working on a fix for the issue Barsteel is having... it's going to be a little bit before I have it figured out.

-Ben

19. bcarlson

bcarlson

Thanks for your patience, I got the fix in earlier this morning... let me know if you have any more issues with the site... and thanks for checking it out!

-Ben

20. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

They don't call Hemmings "the Bible of the old car industry" for nothing. I listed my '50 Pontiac on there a couple of weeks ago and got a call from a serious buyer that same evening. He came over (to KY) from MO three days later and bought it. Four days later he came back with a Budget rental truck and trailer and hauled it home. I've always had great luck with Hemmings. Good luck....

21. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

I like the site but when I click on a ad it won't let me see all the pics just the first and last.