Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1934 Ford Roadster version 2.0 is near completion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, May 30, 2014.

1. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Chris, the 'Gypsy' was the second thing I noticed, the first being the shape of that beautiful top!

Speaking of the Gypsy, was that California rear window and frame a NOS or is it available?

2. Sorry Mike I just saw this. The rear window frame is the original I had rechromed .

3. Fenders, no fenders, paint or primer...obviously makes no difference to me. Love the car. I have an opportunity to get fenders and boards from a friend. Just can't decide if thats where I want to go. Tim

4. I took the top off of it over this past weekend to do a good cleaning after a 200 mile run in rainy weather! This is the first time I have seen it with fenders but no top. I dig it this way too!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

kiwijeff likes this.
  5. haychrishay

haychrishay

What an awesome car !

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

chris thats a hell of a ride you have built! top or topless it looks fantastic!!

7. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

Me, too - Haven't had my top off or down since first installed - may have to try it!!

8. Love this car, I think 34s are a classy car.
    32s are cool, but don't ooze class like a 34.

9. Thanks, it was fun racing you on the beach!

10. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Chris, I know you go through a lot of cars but you need to give the title to someone who won't let you sell it. Beautiful car and a Keeper!

11. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

@Chris You do know that a 33/34 Roadster is the one car that I've always wanted... and will probably never be able to afford? I have one in my head. It haunts me.

I love yours.

Chris likes this.

12. HAHA yeah I will never sell it. This is the car I've always wanted. Thats why I'm taking my time and giving it the best I can. Don't worry, it aint going anywhere ;)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014

13. Thank you @Ryan , that means a lot. Funny @Silva text me the other day looking for one too. And if I could afford it, you can probably get one if your heart desires. Just wait for the right deal.

But in the meantime, if your ever in the same place as mine, I'll toss you the keys :D

14. @Ryan How would you build yours?

15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I can't say. Too many bastards listening... I will say that it would involve a whole lot of chop and side curtains!

You really think about it Chris... You've done some amazing cars through the years. Good resume.

Chris likes this.
  16. cheepsk8

cheepsk8
    from west ky

17. Well mines not chopped much but I did put the side curtains on tonight ;)

Thanks for the compliments. Next time we are together let's talk 33/34's @Ryan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. That's bad ass with the beef curtains. That is one tight and right ride. Woooo-Eee !!

19. brady1929

brady1929

Absolutely beautiful

20. sixinarow

sixinarow
    from Fargo, ND

Great car, I've liked it in all its versions. Good choice on the baldy caps ;)

falcongeorge likes this.
  21. The curtains are the bees

22. brewsterg6

brewsterg6

A beautiful car! I think it's cool that you're able to have a different look every time it's out… Top on, topdown, top off, curtains on, curtains off, etc… I've never owned an old Ford, so this may be a stupid question, but is taking the fenders off for a highboy look a two hour project, or a weekend long thing? I'm assuming the only difficulty would be head and tail light mounts. I would assume you wouldn't want to be changing it around once it's painted… but in primer it would confuse the neighbours as to how many nice cars you own!

23. Putting them on took a few hours mainly because I had to fit everything and get the correct fasteners. I think I could have i stripped to a highboy in a couple hours. Then just moun theheadlights, taili lights and license plate how I had them before and you are done. But I don't think I'll ever do that. Once paitned it would be very difficult to do tha without scratching something

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  24. Does the top fold down? @Chris

25. It would...however I removed the package tray behind the seat where it would normaly go and moved the seat back to get more leg room. But the top still folds like it should. The front thumb nuts, 4 bolts and pop all the lift-a-dots and the entire top comes off and can be folded up.

Hitchhiker likes this.
  26. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I love the look with the side curtains. I am still looking for a good body but they don't come up often and when they do they don't last no matter what the price is. I might settle for a Wescott if push comes to shove.

27. I like the wheel color!!???

28. I tried to upload a pic of the cabrio but it went into outer space. Worked this time. 001.JPG

29. True, and I rarley see one pop up for sale. Where is your old one now?

30. Cool, was just curious if it was a remove or reinstall while out and about, say on a trip. Or more of a leave in the garage type deal.