Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest lost my mom last saturday...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 333 Half Evil, Oct 10, 2014.

1. 333, So sorry to hear of any loss, but parents are hard! Lost my mom 6 years ago and there's not a day that goes by that I don't think of her.

Prayers for grace and comfort!

2. Hey there. Sorry for your loss. I've been there also 20 yrs ago.
    I hope all goes well, ya gotta be strong.
    Regards

3. That was a tough read, this morning. Prayers for you and your family, Al.

4. Sorry for your loss Al. Mom's are special. My prayers go out to you.

5. LONG

LONG

sorry for your loss.

6. Sorry for your loss man. :(
    -Pat

7. Weezy1930

Weezy1930
    from OHIO

So sorry to read of your loss. Reading your story just made me call my mom and ask if I could stop by for dinner. Life is indeed short and sometimes we all need to be reminded of that.

8. KRB52

KRB52
    from Conneticut

My condolences. I lost my mother in 1997 to liver cancer. She had had a couple of rounds of radiation that would prolong, but not cure. On Friday, Jan. 31st, the visiting nurse who checked on her noted that her heart rate was up to 100 beats/minute. That was the first sign she was heading down hill. She passed on Sunday, Feb. 2nd in the afternoon.

9. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Thanks jetal2, brett4christ, Rui, bchrismer, ffrl222k, LONG, pat59, Weezy1930 and KRB52.

10. LWT

LWT
    from Va.

I just lost my Dad a week ago. He had health problems but it was still very sudden and unexpected. It is a miserable feeling.
    Just know that you are not alone. It's hard to believe but it actually makes me feel a little better talking to people that have been through it before me. My Dad shaped my passion for old drag cars, and he loved'em. The wilder the better! Here is one I'm working on which now is kind of a tribute to my Dad. My thoughts are with all of you. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1413671496.936339.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. Very sorry for your loss also......it is comforting to know and read the replies of fellow Hambers.....it helps with the sorrow and pain. I lost my Mom to Lung Cancer in 07 , my Dad died on his 50 birthday in 73, I was 18....that was tough, lost my only brother last year........my whole family is gone .......we all have to face these sorrows.......it is sad but a given . I try to practice gratitude daily for just having another day to enjoy my wife and kids.........and our hobby.........and what a great one it is ........the network of friends involved with hot rods is awesome........as very well seen here with the outpouring of sympathy and compassion for your loss. May God Bless!

12. Al, thanks for sharing a painful time in your life and using it to remind us to love and cherish those around us. I will be praying for you and your family.

13. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Thanks LWT, Chevy Gasser Madness, and Gray Goat.

14. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Some of you may have read the post from Brad Jackson, the other me, asking for thoughts and prayers for my and my wife as we possibly face another tough situation. My wife was having a "growth" removed and sent out to be tested for cancer. The results are back and it is NOT cancerous!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I lost my mom last month to cancer, and finding out that my wife may have it was very very hard to hear. We both were ready to fight if it was cancerous, but really feel thankful that it isn't. I want to thank all of you again for your kind words, thoughts, and prayers for me and my family. This is the what makes the HAMB such a wonderful place.

15. Muttley

Muttley

That's great news and I'm sure a HUGE weight off your shoulders.

16. loudbang

loudbang

Outstanding news!!

17. Outstanding news, what a relief.
    Sorry about your mom. A friend's GF is going thru treatment now, So good your wife is spared the horror.
    LIVE EVERY DAY !! That applies to everyone!

Edit - Shook me a bit when I looked at the bottom of your post. Your mom was only 2 weeks older than my father is(22 June 1940). Born the day Germany invaded Poland.

18. Great news indeed.. every day from here on is a gift for the two of you. I lost my beautiful wife Barbara to pancreatic cancer 4 months ago.

19. my sincere condolences to the family and friends =0/

20. 1950heavymetal

1950heavymetal

That is fantastic news and Praise The Lord!

Posted from the international space station

21. A lot to stomach in any time frame....more so being so soon. The weight of the world upon your shoulders....even if just a little has been lifted. I'm as happy as can be for you, and still so understand your loss. Hope the sun shines brighter for you upcoming.....take care man. Positive thoughts always.

22. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Congrats on the good news

23. Agreed!!! That is great news and very encouraging to the rest of us. Thanks...Tim

24. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Real good news on the wife---give thanks, God is good.

25. LWT

LWT
    from Va.

I just lost my Dad, but God is great just the same. I will miss him the rest of my life, but I believe there is more to come after this life. It hurts a lot, but I have peace about it at the same time. I think it's much harder on those of us that are left behind.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  26. hallrods

hallrods

That's great news about your wife! Cancer is the dirtiest word in the book I know 6 years and counting cancer free.

27. raymay

raymay

Al,
    I visited my own Mothers grave this past Monday which was the anniversary of her passing in 1953 when I was just a 17 month old baby. She had also been diagnosed with a form of Leukemia. My Dad (also now gone), my Aunts, Uncles and other family always helped keep the memory of my Mother in my heart. Although I can not remember those few months with her, I have always had a strong connection and love for her.
    Unfortunately death is a part of life and as we get older we may see it more often than we care to.
    Cherish the wonderful memories of your Mother. She now can have a very special place in your heart and the hearts of those she loved and who loved her throughout her life.
    Peaceful thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

28. NewGuyOldFord

NewGuyOldFord

Sorry to hear about your loss. Losing loved ones is very tough but for some reason people think it becomes commonplace as we age but it is still hard nonetheless. I lost my mother in law(49) when I was 24, lost my mom(51) when I was 31, lost my grandmother on Labor Day of 2002 and then my wife(36) the next day at the age of 34. I was left with 3 boys at the time(5,10,14) and it has been and still is a struggle at times. My advice to you is......find something that brings you happiness. It may not make sense to some around you but to wake up everyday not knowing why this has happened will consume you. I have found setting goals for my "hobby cars" and raising my kids to my best ability has helped tremendously. And....spending as much time with my father as I can. You have alot of support on here and if someone reaches out on a personal level, my advice to you is listen and possibly you can find some resolve through someone else's advice and experiences. Me and my boys live by the three "A"s theory I came up with years ago......ADAPT, ADJUST, ADVANCE.

Best wishes.....BART.

29. Truckedup

Truckedup

We all feel your pain... I try to always look forward and not dwell on what could have been..

30. LWT

LWT
    from Va.

That had to be really, really hard even having to think about your wife having to deal with that. My wife has been a huge help to me in dealing with everything with my Dad. Just the thought of that would feel like your foundation was just coming apart underneath you. I'm glad you got great news. Thanks for creating a place to talk about this. I don't think I could have started it, but it helps to talk with other good, like minded folks that have and are dealing with the same thing.