Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage HERSHEY!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flop, Oct 10, 2014.

1. i left it with Bob last year, and as a joke they put it back on my spot and then played dumb about how it got there.
    jokers to the right of me....jokers to the left of me.
    back story on the '37 truck parts, i parted the truck out and have now sold most of the pieces to Hambers. the chassis went to boston, the cab went to ohio and now the shell to Pa. i am glad you could use it. did you sign the banner?

2. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

never saw a banner, but with all those rusty car parts layin' around, who's lookin up?
    my friend needs pieces from that shell to replace banged up parts caused by his truck rolling forward right into his Oliver tractor. scratch my X on the HAMB Banner for me. thanks

3. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

....."Overpriced sheetmetal man....." I love that. His sons were out bright and early Tuesday morning "picking the pigeons"; and their "finds" got displayed at twice the price (or more). We're all "pickers" at heart, but some are a bit mercenary. Hope I spelled that right. It's a hoot watching all the "factions" of the old car hobby meld together at Hershey. From the antiquers to the rodders to the r_trodders (ouch)- we all love old iron. Don't miss the last gasp at Maple Grove on October 25- an old time swap meet that grows every year.

4. Al from gasket city came back to buy that grill shell but you had already bought it. if you do not need all of it, he may buy what ever is left, i think he needed one of the side. seamed like a nice guy [gasket city 1-888-335-4686.
    what model oliver?

5. Everyone is complaining about the high prices,:eek: I guess they did not see our FREE pile:cool: It did quite well:rolleyes:

6. with original '32 ford part in it.

7. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

It was good seeing you.

8. banjorear

banjorear

V8 compressor? I've seen a few in my day, but none with that type of intake.

9. banjorear

banjorear

It was nice to meet you as well. I should have offered you a beer, but I was a bit shell shocked from the Parkside from the previous night.

10. ditto. we left friday by noon after i met you. i have not been to the Parkside in years, does the guy still sell the half chickens out front?
    beers and cigars next year?

11. banjorear

banjorear

You got it. Plan on spending some time at the spot and we'll keep them cold for you.

12. timmy25252

timmy25252

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

13. The37Kid

The37Kid

I didn't see that flathead blower. Sure there were overpriced items, but think of all the smoking deals guys got for $10.00-$25.00. I was looking for an early T front engin mount and spring U bolts, lots of them out there for $40.00, that I thought was high, bought a good one for $10.00. The rare stuff you are better off buying, knowing you won't find it later, or if you do get back to the spot someone else bought it. Bob

14. GRX

GRX
    from MD

Yes, many thanks for posting. A busy schedule kept me away this year. That and high prices I have seen the previous couple years. Happy rodding to all.

15. banjorear

banjorear

Ain't that the truth. I can remember back in the early '90's (when the Chocolate Field was still grass) a guy had a Frenzel for $1,200. I thought that was ridiculous. If you bought that piece back then, think of the return on that purchase if you wanted to sell it. Better than stocks, but how knew the old stuff would come back so strong. The early '90's there were still a lot of horrible street rods and other ungodly looking cars running around getting coverage.

Here is the lesson: You didn't pay too much, you paid too soon. Think about it.

jadegrenade 51 likes this.
  16. greenie-reddy

greenie-reddy
    from maryland

Just a quick word about the folks who noticed piles of parts at trash cans on Saturday morning. When my youngest son was about 12 or 13, I taught him the fine art of dumpster diving at Hershey. Then each year, while I pack up for the trip home, he goes out and searches for "bargains". A few years later I taught him the second piece- you have to give back. So when a treasure is found while dumpster diving; and after one year you haven't managed to use it or sell it- you give it back. Also, any part (from your collection) that has made 3 trips to Hershey and hasn't had a serious offer- well, that part stays at Hershey. We build out little "temple" to the dumpster diving gods at the nearest trash can; and then sit back and watch the "pickers" at work. Not surprisingly, a load of kids about 10-15 years old are practicing the art. Most of what we set out found a new home by early Saturday morning. Let's hope at least one of those kids catches the bug and spends his adult life making the annual trek to Hershey!

prpmmp likes this.
  17. prpmmp

prpmmp

A+ Pete!

18. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

is the Parkside that little bar that had the sign on the door "no colors worn inside the bar"? if so, my friend and I had breakfast there at 7AM. yeah, we had to leave our hats in the car. mine said Chevrolet, his said Dorsett Rams (sheep). we didn't want no trouble.

19. morepwr

morepwr
    from socal

Some of those prices really caught me off guard!

I can see the guy telling his wife at home "honest honey, I tried to sell it!

20. Thanks for posting everyone as I have not been for some years due to it's so dam far from Nebraska and not worth the gas. Last time I went all I bought was a sand blaster presser pot and walked my butt off.
    But if you like swap meets it is a blast just to be there...

21. Thanks for posting,I only dream of those swaps living down here!
    Can't get enough swap threads.I have been to a few swaps in the US
    so it's hard to drag my arse out of bed here for the meager offerings
    we see at our swaps,more of a social event really.

22. 5window

5window

I thought there was less of an offering in the free/trash piles this year, but I did get some nice stuff, mostly wall hangings: 3 different old Chevy hubcaps, a 4' Hagerty banner like new, new knit Packard shirts for my buddy and me-Packard badges and embroidered "Ask the Man Who Owns One" logos, an old Hudson headlight bezel, a beer sign, a pile of Antique Automobile magazines and a bunch of other stuff my wife wonders why I dragged it home but it okay with it as long as it stays out of the house.

23. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Ive been going to hershey for over 35 years, yes the selection has dwindled quite a bit.When something gets more rare the price should go up.I am the king of the $1 and $5 piles.Always looking for the good deal.But this isnt the local VFW swapmeet.This is the big time.Look at all the different plates and what states these people are from.Alot of them do this for a living.I heard so many different langauges(cant spell) .Why do they come over the ocean to shop here,should be a no brainer.

You cant expect to come on Friday morning and find everything you want.The guy on Tuesday already bought it.I plan my time off around this week and am lucky to have a schedule that allows me to do so.Not the same for many others.Just enjoy the meet as much as you can and remember this kind of thing only happens in AMERICA.

lothiandon1940 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  24. Well Said!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  25. ThumperNZ

ThumperNZ

Following arriving from New Zealand on the previous Friday, I did Hershey on Wed, Thursday, Friday and the show on Saturday. Never walked so far in my life.
    Pretty awesome, saw parts I've never seen before. Got the T-Shirts and some wing nuts I've been looking for for a while.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  26. skidmarks

skidmarks
    from USA

Picture of weird intake above...........Look at the recent post of the schramm air compressor and you will see the intake

27. Scott Lutz

Scott Lutz

Funny story from Hershey. We went Friday for the first time in 20+ years. My son 10 went for the first time. He wanted to do an "old car" project together doing a 48 Plymouth. Anyway we found a fender strapped it to our cart and we were looking for another. I noticed an attractive woman looking at me so did my son. as we walked every 15 or so minutes he would see her again and she was still looking and he would comment to me about it. I would laugh and tell him something like daddy got it going on or something like that. finally after about 2 hrs of this going on were looking at some things and turn to walk away and there she was right in front of us. She introduced herself and her husband who I didn't seem to notice before. They were from Sweden or Norway and he didn't speak any English. Anyway come to find out that they were looking for some of the same stuff we were. We exchanged leads and went on our way. My son then started laughing I asked what was so funny and he said I guess she wasn't checking you out after all she just wanted was our fender...

jadegrenade 51 likes this.
  28. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Thanks for the photos. I haven't been in 20 years but I always enjoyed the show bad weather and all.

29. thanks for the pictures