Register now to get rid of these ads!

2014 Day of the Drags are almost here

Discussion in 'The Day Of The Drags' started by El Jefe, Oct 1, 2014.

1. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

NOTE: DRAGS HAVE BEEN POSTPONED ONE WEEK TO OCT 17/18
    Man time flies. So The Kontinentals are hard at work preparing for the 13th annual Day of the Drag Race out at Temple Academy Dragway at Little River. It is Friday and Saturday Oct 17&18, 2014. All info can be found at www.dayofthedrags.com . There are a few changes this year, but the MAJOR CHANGE is due track safety and the fact that all of you building faster cars over the years, we will be RUNNING 1/8 MILE RACES as opposed to 1/4 mile that we have done in the past. The classes will be the same but we have tweaked the ET intervals to reflect the 1/8 MILE distance for the races. We are going to try this as many tracks are starting to do this for this at nostalgia events mainly due to safety reasons. The racing will still be competitive, you just wont have to hammer you car for so long.
    Gates will open on Friday Oct 17 around 3pm and the track will open approximately 6pm that day. There is camping at the track and also nearby hotels. The website has all the information so check it out and we will see you at the track.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  2. Great. Looking forward to another enjoyable weekend at Lil River.

3. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Those 115mph patchs are going to be even harder to get now.

4. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

Yeah buddy........

5. Jedidiah

Jedidiah
    from Ft Worth

I can't wait to go. Just have a little maintainence and cleaning to do over the next few days. This will be my first time there. From everything I've read it looks like a good time.

6. Here's a sneak peek of the artwork for this year's show. T-shirts and posters will be available at the show.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1412361366.419420.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

moter and olskoolrodder like this.
  7. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Man, where is everybody?
    Maybe the Kontinentals need to turn this into one of those yawn chair events at a superspeedway.:rolleyes:

8. I have been there many times for dayofthedrags.used to compete with a flathead powered Prefect(4 dr Anglia) than ran high 14's at 90 mph with Muncie 4 spd. Will be there again with a different Prefect with a "wounded" big inch flatmotor.Car may be for sale less engine,trans; depends on how I am feeling.Am pretty bummed out to hear cars will only be running eighth mile instead of full quarter. Flatheadjohn47Texas979-595-7324 cell.

9. BLACK STUDE

BLACK STUDE

Fresh slicks, tune up, oil change and ready to go. To hell with the lawn chairs, let's go drag racing. Who's coming?

10. seatex

seatex

Yeppers, only a week to go for DOTD, where is all the smack talk? 'Ol Casy must be rollin' in his cooler, er, grave! The Loosers will be ready to dominate for the third year in a row, so BRING IT.................................Gas Monkeys, Gas Junkies, Gassy Houser Gangbangers, whatever......................come on by the Loosers camp and have some Gumbo!

11. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

Can't come watch...gotta work.:(

12. BLACK STUDE

BLACK STUDE

I am all too familiar with that one.

13. belair

belair

I can't wait. I don't think my 235 is in any danger of going too fast, though.

14. That's a bummer about the 1/8th. My car has a road gear, it doesn't get wound up until the 1/8th mark. I'm sure it'll still be a great event though!

15. bigorangetruck

bigorangetruck
    from TX

3 days till the Action is GO!! Trying to convince my Dad (80) to join me! See ya'll there.

16. I must not know how to find stuff on the "new HAMB".....I have searched "traditional, custom and std hamb" and cannot pull up this page. Had to open a link that Tim Pogue sent me???

Now back to the subject at hand
    The Flathead Fever FED will be at DOTD....as some of you know, I had a bit of a run in with a tractor 4 months ago, and I'm not quite up to "speed"(pun intended) to be able to drive the little Dragster.....but in the name of fun, I'm bringing it out, fitted to a "phantom driver" sometimes known to some as Kenneth Ryerson. We are gonna make some passes to see if we can stay on the "Collin Casey Fastest Flathead Trophy".....and if not, we will just make some passes "so we can smell some Nitro":cool:.....haha

Looking forward to meeting up with y'all....strange being on the sidelines all summer. ....and looking forward to "Fajitas with the CamGrinders"(they think I'm one of them... I "showed up" in one of their shirts, and now they think I'm one of them....don't tell any of them:rolleyes:.....haha)

17. Rusty

Rusty

Gonna be a blast, dang just when I get the 40 hitting 100mph in the quarter, we gonna go down to the 18th. Oh well

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

18. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

SO JUST LETTING EVERYONE KNOW WE ARE POSTPONING THE DRAGS TO NEXT WEEKEND FRIDAY AND SATURDAY OCT 17 AND OCT 18. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE, BUT THE WEATHER IS LOOKING VERY UNFAVORABLE FOR THIS FRIDAY AND SATURDAY. SEE YOU IN A WEEK.

19. Looks like Steve made a good call on this one,.....hard thing to do,.... and I know that some can't make it next weekend....but should be a lot more favorable conditions then....

20. Your a goof . ha. I will wear my Flathead Fever shirt this weekend and be a "Crew Member".

Looks to be a great....Rescheduled weekend.

21. Rusty

Rusty

Gonna be a blast!

22. You are always welcome on the crew...our food isn't as good as yours....bring your go-pro camera....like to get some shots :cool:

23. Go Pro Charged and Ready.

24. Rusty

Rusty

All loaded up and ready to roll at 7am

25. seatex

seatex

Hats off to Steve, Brian, and the rest of the crew for another kick ass year of racing! Thanks, fellas!

26. seatex

seatex

Even harder Tim, when you don't show up!

Did you get stuck in yours, bro? Where were you? Bunch of you Dallas buds made it down................

27. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Family stuff north of the border.