Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 370 - 390CFM dual quad set up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Leadsled612, Oct 12, 2014.

1. looking to run dual quads on my SBC that has lumpy cam and bored 40 over.
    Is the 2 500cfm that Edelbrock manufactures too much?
    I was told to run smaller carbs (2) 370-390cfm, however I can't seem to locate these new that are matched and come in a kit!

2. Henry VIII

Henry VIII
    from Tulsa OK

How big is your SBC?

3. stock heads, headers, roller rockers, cam is mild lump, HEI distributer, e-brock performer intake w/ 650 cfm carb

Attached Files:

4. Henry VIII

Henry VIII
    from Tulsa OK

I was asking about the engine size, looks like a 350, right? I would think the 370 - 390 CFM would be about right. Can't help you with where to find a set.

5. Summit,Jegs,maybe Speedway......They all sell those. I'm guessing a 2X4,and not a T-RAM! Even if 650'sX2,you can always jet them down.But- You can't speed up the air flow with smaller carbs!
    With a low manifold 2X4- do the 390 deal,and jet accordingly.....Shouldn't be that far off with the engine combo.

6. George

George

"Carb King" on here said there are various inefficientcies that reduce usable CFM by @ least 20% 2 390s will give you about 625 CFM witch should be OK.

7. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

What manifold? Most will not take holleys (too close) and must take afb style and 500cfm is the smallest currently available - they will be fine even on a mild smallblock

8. Sweet-T

Sweet-T

The two 500 elders will run just fine on your engine and look good also. There is a huge misconception about that setup. It will run just fine on a bone stock engine as well as a custom radical street strip..

9. 2X Sweet-T, most of the time you are using only the primaries.... total 500 cfm not 1000 cfm

10. I ran two e-brock 500s on a mild 350 years ago, low rise offy intake. A little tuning and the 500s worked very well.

11. Sweet-T

Sweet-T

I agree with Ricks Garage....

12. Sweet-T

Sweet-T

Mad Mikey, I myself have also run duel e-brocks on mild small blocks, and bone stock ones and quater mile tire burners, still no issues with kickin em to the floor and boiling the tires.... I cant begin to explain how much good luck i have had with dual carbs..