Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest lost my mom last saturday...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 333 Half Evil, Oct 10, 2014.

1. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

Condolences to you and yours

Bubba1955 likes this.
  2. 1pickup

1pickup

Sorry for your loss. As for the siblings who couldn't find the time, it's probably that they aren't strong enough to face the reality of the situation. I'm sure they will regret not having the wonderful time you spent with her saying goodbye. But, as humans, we all tend to procrastinate when it comes to things like that. Forgive them.

Bubba1955 likes this.
  3. aaggie

aaggie

The sorrow of your loss will eventually ease but the fond memories will be with you forever.

Bubba1955 likes this.
  4. 51stylelinedeluxe

51stylelinedeluxe

so sorry to hear about your mom. my mother was diagnosed with a rare form of lung cancer(non-smoking) in sept. of last year and was gone by feb. its been a year and i still cant except it. hope you and your family can find peace,i sure feel your pain!

Bubba1955 likes this.
  5. 26Troadster

26Troadster

sorry for your loss, prayers and peace be with you.

Bubba1955 likes this.
  6. Al,
    The details of your MOM's life were very well written, gave us good insight, as to who she was.
    Thankfully, she did not suffer long, such a BIG PLUS when it's time for us to leave this earth.
    Your parents were born a couple of years before me ........ at 72, I thank GOD for each day, for each day is precious, no matter what you do.
    Like you, I lost both my parents within two years of one another, very painful ..... I understand your feelings.
    Think of all the good in both parents, remember the good time and let any bad times pass you by.
    Bob.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
    40fordtudor and Bubba1955 like this.
  7. Bubba1955

Bubba1955

My sincere condolences for your loss. My thoughts & prayers are with you & your family. Your sister Robin proves there are angels here among us. As such a loving caregiver she may be having the hardest time. Stay close to her.

8. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

I lost my mother the week before Thanksgiving 2013.....she was a person that always had a positive one liner saying to tell you....every time I visited her in the nursing home she'd always have something I'd leave thinking about...most of them are written in the back of my Bible.....just a short time before she passed I was saying to her..."Mamma, you'll be 93 your next birthday"...she looked over with that little sparkle in her eyes and said..."It's been a Quick trip"..........I think back on my life...I'll be 62 this Dec....where did forty years go....seems only weeks ago I was buckling up every Saturday night in a Race Car somewhere around the Country............Life is so sweet....enjoy it before the taste leaves.............................Tanner

40fordtudor and loudbang like this.
  9. My prayers go out to you I lost my mom and dad 15, and 10 years ago and still miss them every day Stay strong and vent on here.Thanks Bruce.

10. wreckfixer

wreckfixer

I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my mother when I was seven years old, I've always said that cancer stole my childhood from me.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. Reading these posts tells me how many compassionate folks are out there, in our "car hobby world".

12. I cant tell you how deeply sorry I am that you have lost your mom. I lost my father when I was 17 years old. It is extremely hard losing a parent. I will be thinking of you and your family. Take care. Mikey.

13. seatex

seatex

My heart goes out to you, take comfort in knowing you had the time to share your feelings with each other before her passing. When you don't, the opportunity missed can be unbearable at times, I know too well. God Bless and watch over you, 333............................

14. phat rat

phat rat

Sorry to hear of your loss. Cherish the time you had with her at the end. I lost my mom 4 years ago and was lucky enough to be at her bedside and even talking with her just moments before she went.

15. passngas

passngas

I'm very sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family.

16. High5

High5

So sorry for your loss. My mother passed away in 2007. She was 98 and I feel so blessed to have had her that long. Every visit we made sure we expressed how much we loved her. You never really know when that final day will come.

My thoughts and prayers to you and your family during this difficult time.

17. bustedwrench

bustedwrench

Very sorry to read of your loss. A loss of a loved one is never easy. It may not seem like it now,but you will find some comfort in knowing you and your sister were there for her when she needed you most. And believe it or not, you will be able to come to terms with this and smile when you think of her. I speak from experience, trust me.

18. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my dad to that C thing 11 years ago.

19. $um Fun

$um Fun
    from Nor Cal

Sorry to hear of your loss.

20. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

Half... my most humble and sincere condolences on losing your mom. I don't think there's a greater hurt than when you mom breathes her last. I've lost too many friends over the years to that hideous disease and am a fortunate survivor myself. Remember the good times with her and try to take some relief in knowing her suffering is over and she's now with your dad..

Bill

21. gas & guns

gas & guns

Sorry to hear of your loss. Time will heal and the good memories will take over.

22. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Thanks loudbang. I hear what you are saying, I lost my father in July 2012 to a heart attack. I got the call at 6:00am from my mom saying she could not wake up dad...I live only 2 minutes from them and when I got there my dad was face down on the living room floor. I rolled him over and could slightly hear gurgling in his lungs and proceeded to perform cpr on him for 35 minutes until the emergency crew got there. I'm grateful that I was able to be there and at least try to save my dad, but his time here was up. I'm not sure what was easier or harder, dad died instantly it seemed and mom struggled for a few days. Trying to save/resuscitate my dad was really hard, but so was knowing as we fed and took care of mom that her time was near too. Having the ability to talk with her and know she knew how I felt and how she felt was great. I did talk with my dad the night before he died, and I always said good bye with an I love you... They both knew.

23. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Thanks; will be, carpok, ME. GASSER, Bill HEMIMAN426, gas & guns, 56 premier, Ipickup, aaggie, 51styleline deluxe, 26 Troadster, bobg1951, bubba1955, TANNERGANG, Bruce Fischer, wreckfixer, mad mikey, seatex, phat rat, passngas, High5, busted wrench, Mr48chev, and $umFun.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  24. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Thank you 1959Nomad. There is a lot about them I chose not to share, but the one thing I cannot understand is why they could not be there at least for mom's sake. I told them both that mom was hoping to see them and she was going fast. It was their choice to not visit so they will have to live with that.

25. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Thank you Marty. As I replied earlier, I left out a lot about those two siblings but what I could not understand was why they could not be there for mom's sake. Oh well, they have to live with that decision, not me. Thanks again...

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
  26. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Sorry for your loss. I had to pull the plug on my dad back in 2000 because of cancer one of the hardest things I have ever done.
    On a happier note I took my mom to lunch on Friday to celebrate her 92nd birthday. I always cherish my time with her and miss my dad every day. Its very hard to be without someone that you look up too for a bigger part of your life.

27. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Thanks saltflats. I hear you, my dad is who made me who I am today and my mom was always there to support me. They both made most of my racing career and building career so special as they were huge parts of it. The memories are wonderful...

28. loudbang

loudbang

I was always one of those guys that had a bit of skepticism about what happens when you die but the day my mother died my sister was with her all day and she said she sat there open mouthed listening to my mom having "conversations" with other relatives that had already passed on. She could not hear them but could tell who my mom was talking with just by the things my mom was saying.

She had never done anything remotely like this before and my sister was creeped out just a bit. But my mom was happily talking to and listening to these long dead relatives and wasn't scared or anything just like they would have talked when the others were still alive. A couple hours later my mom passed.

When my sister told me about this I was a bit shocked to say the least but you know what after the the more I thought about it I found myself taking comfort in it that maybe "someone" does indeed take care of us after we go.

29. carpok

carpok
    from Indy

loadbang I agree 100% been thru similar situations. It's hard to let go but it best we do. Ron

loudbang likes this.
  30. jeta12

jeta12

I'm so sorry for your loss.....You and your family will be in our prayers.