Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Info help on Studebaker engines please...check this out.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gtopillado, Oct 11, 2014.

1. gtopillado

gtopillado

Hello Everyone,
    Have a neighbor that recently lost her husband to cancer. Trying to help her find some info on engines that her husband had in the garage and property. He was building some custom stuff like the blower adapter to intake...pretty cool. He has a 1951 Stude in another state and curious if all of these engines were for that era. Studebaker gurus are needed please....thank you.
    Dave

Attached Files:

2. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

That is a supercharged Studebaker V8. Looks very nice so far. Adapters for some other intake manifold. Maybe Olds or Chrysler B block? Somebody should know. Also Stude heads. See PackardV8 on here for lots of info on Stude engines and what that manifold was made for.

3. 327Eric

327Eric

stude 259 or 289, post 1955. look like early 60's stuff, with the 2 valve cover retaining studs

loudbang likes this.
  4. 5brown1

5brown1

Get the engine number located at the front on the drivers side near where the oil fill tube was located.
    Then I or someone else can look it up to identify the engine and the years it was used.

5. gtopillado

gtopillado

I'll see if I can get numbers on blocks. Do these engines have any dollar value?

6. aaggie

aaggie

The engines are not that rare and unless the buyer could pick them up locally the cost of shipping would be more than they're worth. Studebaker fanatics will disagree but it's my opinion. The blower setup would get some interest if the builder kept spec sheets or design drawings.

7. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Like most say, all St ude parts, 259/289 inch engines, nothing really "rare", fairly easy to get, nothing expensive. The "two bolt vs four bolt rocker cover thing mentioned above, really means nothing. The head casting numbers were just numbers and most all were used through out the 1960's Stude V-8 years. No port size changes at all in all of the heads pictured.
    Except the blower parts. Nicely done there. I believe I know the guy who modified the Chrysler manifold to fit the Stude engine. It's one of his earlier design intakes, done many years ago.

I'd be interested in buying the manifold and blower.
    The upper "manifold" section looks like it could be a nightmare to setup to run well.

Mike

8. gtopillado

gtopillado

Thanks to all for info, will pass it along to Darlene. I believe the son was thinking of keeping blower setup but that could change. Cheers

9. there are later R-series motor stuff like R-3 heads are in demand....