Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Oct 11, 2014 - Hot Rod Hundred Reliability Run - St Louis

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bchrismer, Aug 18, 2014.

1. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Thanks a ton Cory!!!

Bret shot me pics earlier today.... those things are way cool.

cory27t likes this.
  2. That looks great Cory!

Well, I was able to get my car running and it is about ready to hit the road. I will be leaving OKC Friday morning and heading that way. Should be an interesting trip with me and my four kids, no radio or dvd player, etc. :D

cory27t and bchrismer like this.
  3. Jeff,

There's always the "Roadkill" game! Unfortunately, when I was trying to teach your son how to play, we were on the cleanest section of highway that I have ever experienced.

bc

4. BTW, Thanks, Cory! Always good to have ya stop by.

cory27t likes this.
  5. How many cars are registered so far. And , how old must a car be to part of the event.

6. Bret or Clay may correct me, but I was thinking that there was somewhere between 50 and 60 cars registered so far with several that said they would plan to be there but haven't registered yet. And, it is a pre-64 event as far as age of cars.

7. Yep, Samuel likes to play that game now! I am sure that could keep them occupied for a while.

bchrismer likes this.
  8. Dave,

At the moment, there are 52 pre-registered. We pushed the event as being '64 and older, but around 80% of the cars registered are 1948 or older. That doesn't include my '40 stake truck, Clay's '37 sedan or Jeff's '56 Ford sedan.

bret

9. Fixing to start heading that way later this afternoon. Getting the front end aligned on the car and waiting for the kids to get out of school and finished packing.

10. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

guthriesmith, I work about 2 blocks behind the Love's truck stop on I-44 at Rolla, Missouri. If you have any problems or need anything give me a call. I am not driving up to St. Louis until early Saturday morning. Got Rain-X. Sam Kimbrough, (c) 573-201-5432

guthriesmith likes this.
  11. Thanks Sam! I will keep that in mind for sure.

We just made it to a hotel in Springfield for the night. Got tired of driving in the rain at night with no wipers. Rain-X was working good, but I was just ready to stop for a while. And, the kids are now swimming before I make them go to bed. Too much energy after being cooped up in a car with no radio or DVD player for 5 hours...

I may have to do some tuning on my carburetors in the morning. It does great going down the road, but is trying to load up in traffic. Pretty happy overall so far since I just got it running last Saturday.

12. 54 Chevy

54 Chevy

Good luck Jeff. I wish I was going maybe next year.

guthriesmith likes this.
  13. Rolled into New Melle about an hour ago. Visiting my aunt for lunch and stuffing goodie bags in the evening, at Clay's house.

14. Retro61

Retro61

Be sure and post some Photos, wanted to cruise up in my '59 4-door, but, gotta work! Be Safe-Have Fun!!

15. Made it to St. Louis and kicking back at the hotel before meeting up with Clay, Bret, and Chris for some BBQ. A couple pics from the short trip today.
    image.jpg image.jpg

gonmad and bchrismer like this.
  16. maplefrm

maplefrm
    from Central IL

Gas tank is full and the Rain-X is on, leaving at 5:30 AM.

guthriesmith, cvstl and bchrismer like this.
  17. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

hope someone brings a camera

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  18. Larry,

There were several cameras and phones snapping photos. I'll try and get some uploaded when I can get back to Springfield and can sort out the bad shots.

3wLarry likes this.
  19. ratt99

ratt99
    from mo

here is some, had a great time

Attached Files:

guthriesmith and bchrismer like this.
  20. maplefrm

maplefrm
    from Central IL

First we would like to thank the Cross Members car club for hosting this event. The weather was pretty good, the scenery was gorgeous and over 50 vehicles participated. The first group of pictures are as we gathered at the Missouri Museum of Transportation, then there's a picture of a short stop at the V8 Speed and Resto Shop in Red Bud, IL. They supplied us with drinks, snacks and bathrooms and a tour of their facilities. There are a few pictures of the road trip itself and the last pictures are at Vance Vineyard for lunch. The Hot Rod Hundred was about a 125 miles. We left our home at 5:30am and returned at 6:30pm that evening but we were nowhere close to the long distance award. 2 guys from Texas battled for that. We had driven a total of 520 miles and had a great time. Thanks again for hosting this. It was nice to meet some new people.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3wLarry, guthriesmith and bchrismer like this.
  21. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

THANKS! to Clay, Bret, Jeff and everyone who worked so hard to organize the StL Hot Rod Hundred. Cool cars, GREAT drive, a fantastic destination, and good fellowship. My wife and I really enjoyed it.
    Roger

bchrismer and guthriesmith like this.
  22. ratt99

ratt99
    from mo

more pictures

Attached Files:

guthriesmith likes this.
  23. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Hey...there's my buddy BigKen...Santa Impersonator Deluxe :D

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  24. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool - Thanks for pics

25. So bummed I missed it!!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

26. Roothawg

Roothawg

Thanks for all that participated. We had a blast!

27. Yep, I know we had a great time! And, I reiterate the thanks to everyone that participated. We had a great group of people and cars participating that made it! We are still on our way back to Oklahoma and planning to stay the night in Joplin. Just had to stop in Springfield to feed the kids and the car.

28. 193257

Thanks to the Crossmembers for all the hard work. Weather wasn't all that bad, even in a roadster. When you mix good friends with Hot Rods it doesn't get much better!!!

guthriesmith likes this.
  29. The first batch of photos, at check-in. That's Clay Vance @cvstl, taking a photo of me taking a photo of him. IMG_4154.JPG IMG_4155.JPG IMG_4156.JPG IMG_4157.JPG IMG_4158.JPG IMG_4159.JPG

30. The departure begins. (I missed a few, due to talking to some folks)
    IMG_4161.JPG IMG_4162.JPG IMG_4163.JPG IMG_4164.JPG IMG_4165.JPG IMG_4166.JPG IMG_4167.JPG IMG_4168.JPG IMG_4169.JPG IMG_4170.JPG IMG_4171.JPG IMG_4172.JPG IMG_4173.JPG IMG_4174.JPG