Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Quincy, Il Fall Color Run

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stu D Baker, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

This is one of, if not the best car events in the midwest area. I've been going for the past 25 years. Anybody else making the drive next week? Stu

2. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Sure!...........though it's a very short drive for me........:D

Ray

3. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

^^^^That's cheating, for sure Ray. The Mrs. and I usually drive down on Friday a.m. and take the back roads into Quincy. The colors are beautiful.

I usually try to park across from Dame & Hurdle. Beige 37 Ford with Halibrand wheels. Stop and say hi! Stu

4. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Will do! Looking forward to it......:)

Ray

5. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Gosh, I didn't mean to get you excited. Stu

6. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I didn't know I was :D............kept trying to post..........nuthin' happenin'......then I find this!

The HAMB servers hadn't had their coffee (or electronic equivalent) yet when this was going down.

7. modelamac

modelamac

Oh!!! I guess I will be there...

8. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

^^^^^^Oh boy!!! Another "traveler":rolleyes:. You guys are fearless when it comes to putting miles on your car! Stop and say hello if you get a minute. Maybe we should have a "mini" meet and greet on Saturday ??

9. I'll be there. Looks like good weather once again.

10. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

I haven't checked the weather, but I hope you're correct. Have a safe trip. Are you leaving on Friday a.m.?

11. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Right now, it kinds of looks like a possible rain on Sunday? You fella's in Quincy need to get busy and do a wind shift.

12. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

No Problem.........the weather forecasters have not taken into account all the hot air that will be rising in the Quincy area that weekend.....THAT will alter weather patterns.....a man-made climate change!:D

Ray

13. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

I forgot to take into account all the bench racing that will be going on. I promise to do my part when I arrive Friday.

14. Tell me about this, sounds interesting

15. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Thttp://www.earlytindusters.com/im:

One of the better rod runs this side of the Mississippi. It's free and usually get 7-8 hundred cars. Please note that they are pretty strict on the pre-49 rule.

Hnstray likes this.
  16. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Over the past 20 years I've gone 3-4 times with my Model A's. Always a good time with nice cars in a great town. This year I'll be there again, but probably not going to be able to bring a pre '48. Nonetheless it'll be fun.

Hnstray likes this.
  17. L. Eckart

L. Eckart

I and several friends usually drive over from KC Friday morning. I won't have a pre-49 this year but I'll just park outside the show area and still enjoy the show and swap meet. A great year end event in the midwest.

Hnstray likes this.
  18. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Well,....70's on Friday. Let's work on Saturday & Sunday now.

Anybody who has not attended this great event, should really consider it. All proceeds have been going to Camp Callahan, a local charity for children who have disabilities. The Early Tin Dusters do an outstanding job of making everyone feel welcome.

Mrs. Studebaker and I travel down Rt24 on Friday a.m., which is pretty neat this time of the year. Beautiful fall weather, full tank of gas in the '37, and a fantastic destination. How can it get any better? Stu