Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Street Rodder Features My 32 Coupe!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32 Spitfire, Oct 4, 2014.

1. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

A special thanks to Street Rodder magazine for featuring my 32 Coupe in their recent December 2014 Edition!

Author Tim Bernsau knocked it out of the park with an outstanding article with the little information I provided. My first goal with the information was to thank everyone I could think of who actually worked on the coupe, and I think we achieved that. While Tim was photographing the coupe, I was photographing him at work. I may share some of those photos later. In the hot July sun, I can tell you, he really took a lot of photos and time. To look back, I guess he was really listening to my stories on the two-year build at our High Noon Speed Shop. Tim also did the article on my old school style 32 Roadster featured in the January 2010 Edition of Street Rodder magazine. Tim is really a great guy and an outstanding writer!

Thanks again to Ryan and Jeff Norwell's encouraging words right after we finished the build and thanks again to many HAMB members who helped without even knowing it! In fact, Jeff's artwork of an old fashioned Santa on the cover of this Street Rodder is really cool and to me reminiscent of a Norman Rockwell painting.

32 Spitfire
    High Noon Speed Shop

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...lls-out-its-new-32-coupe.862612/#post-9529555

DSC01497.JPG DSC01513.JPG DSC01506.JPG

2. Retro61

Retro61

Nice! Congrats!

3. That must feel good............................Congrats!

4. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Well deserved for an awesome coupe(and Red Ram powered too!….)Tim is an AWESOME guy.

5. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Just read the article. VERY cool car, congrats!

6. Congratulations..it's always good to see a fellow Hamber get some good press in a magazine. HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. brady1929

brady1929

Congrats, great coupe

8. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Buy as many copies of that magazine as you can cause you will need them....................

9. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Very cool coupe, congratulations...

10. Props go out to ya for building a great hot rod. Tim is a great guy for sure and very interesting to watch work. He shot my yellow deuce back 12 years ago for Rod & Custom. Sure made my day....

11. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Read that article just yesterday, Congrats.

12. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Thanks again for he kind words! I can tell you after two years of working almost every morning and late evening before and after work and most weekends its great to finally have completed the coupe.
    DSC01583.JPG
    32 Spitfire- High Noon Speed Shop

13. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Just finished reading the article----very nicely done. Congratulations.

14. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Thanks 40fordtudor!

I also forgot to mention Walden's Speed Shop in the article for their top quality roof insert that fit like a glove. Bobby is always very helpful and encouraging ..... a really great guy!

Last but not least I also forgot to thank my wife Linda who was always willing to help in the tough places. It could be late at night and I would call on the intercom and she would be right down through the snow and cold to help in anyway. She also surprised me with birthday and Christmas gifts like a 32 Ford gas tank or a custom louvered Rootlieb hood! Thanks "Little Lou" ......
    DSC01523.JPG
    32 Spitfire - High Noon Speed Shop

15. ThompsonSpeed

ThompsonSpeed

nice ride! congrats!!

16. Framewelder

Framewelder

Congrats Todd!! It was a pleasure working with you!! Hope to do it again sometime!!

17. LuckyFordGuy

LuckyFordGuy

Just read it yesterday congrat nice love it Rog

18. Congrats. Great looking coupe!

19. Nobey

Nobey

BUT you forgot to thank the Academy! Nice job and well done Sir......

20. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Thanks everyone!

Pat & Zach at Thunder Road Rod & Custom were really great to work with and they also know how to cook on the grill! A couple old school hot rodder's that really know their stuff!

daddy-o ...love your coupe....!!

This coupe is really about the 1955 Dodge Red Ram 270 "Baby Hemi" and every time I fire it up it brings everyone in the area to attention! I just love to hear it cruising down the highway. I really can't understand why any hot rodder would want a radio or I-Pod when an old classic engine purring along has the best music at least to my ears anyway!
    The Red Ram also fits in nicely and seems to get really good gas mileage running down the highway just on the center carb like Zach at Thunder Road told me it would.

DSC01655.JPG

21. D2Denny

D2Denny

Just read the article in Street Rodder. Good to see an Ohio car make the big time. Hope your driving the wheels off it.
    Congrats!!!!

22. the metalsurgeon

the metalsurgeon
    from Denver

can you tell us more on the guy that did your bomber seats,thanks

23. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Metal Surgeon,

Sorry for the delay I was out for the weekend. The seats in my 32 Coupe and bench seat in my 32 Roadster were made by the legendary rivet man Frank Wallic out of Denver, CO. I painted the Coupe seats with aircraft green oxide paint. Here are a few photos of both seats and check out those 1957 shoulder straps!

32 Spitfire - High Noon Speed Shop
    DSC01714.JPG DSC01715.JPG DSC01716.JPG P1090274.JPG

24. the metalsurgeon

the metalsurgeon
    from Denver

nice job !thanks for the reply ,they look great!

25. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Thanks Metal Surgeon!
    My Amish friend Ervin Beechy designed and made the red oak custom floor and the wide oak seat supports. He also made all the top wood on the roadster. For this he used a really nice piece of curly cherry. (You can see this in the last photo) This is a big improvement on the roadster bodies.

26. 32 Spitfire

32 Spitfire

Went for a little ride in the coupe this afternoon and spotted a little graffiti that looked cool.
    Some of the graffiti on the rail cars I see now and then are very well done and can't imagine what it costs to paint them!
    DSC01747.JPG DSC01776.JPG