Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical wide white walls

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Custompainter99, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Custompainter99

Custompainter99
    from San Jose

Any one buy any white walls from this place? Its in Sacramento, Ca: .......

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

they could've run the wording at the bottom... cool though!!

3. Custompainter99

Custompainter99
    from San Jose

they have a 205/75/15 with a 2 1/2" white wall is $142 waaaay cheaper than a $200 coker or D/B...just don't know if they're any good or will last.

4. j3harleys

j3harleys

That's cool wonder if they could do that for my Kenworth

5. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Well there are a lot of testimonials out there for sure. I love my DB's and I did a lot of research on all brands before buying. In the end they were a little cheaper than Coker and when I called I actually talked to Thad, one of the owners. He also gave me an Alliance discount even tho they weren't a HAMB vendor. Great guy to talk to and I like the small company feel.

In the end, I didn't want to take a chance on unknown brands over saving $200 on a set of tires that will last me probably 10+ yrs (est 2500 miles per yr). That's $20 per year. Think about it.....

6. Friend just had a recap go out on the way to Relix last month....wanted something he could roll in the rain...ordered up a set for the rear....they aren't bad...they did a terrible job grinding off the raised letters...you can see the scratches everywhere at the outer edge of the tire and the whitewall is not 100% perfect. He paid 360 delivered to his door. The guy said he has had some employee turnover and ones I saw on another forum looked killer. The whitewall doesn't go all the way to the center...but it's damn close and barely noticeable once it's mounted. Would be great to have another source for tires. My advice would be to call them up and talk them and give them your expectations

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

have not heard of them - like others, waiting to see if someone here has bought them and the real world results

8. Slopok

Slopok

No problems with Diamond Back.

9. Custompainter99

Custompainter99
    from San Jose

so im looking at some Coker wide whites, it seems kind of strange a 205/75/15 is cheaper than a 195/75/15 !! smaller tire, I would assume would be cheaper than a larger one?

10. blktie

blktie

Diamondbacks!

11. Fender1325

Fender1325

Just bought a set of wide whites (L78-15) Coker's from Summit. Free shipping. About 680 it was total. Very pleased

12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Hi-tech "Port-A-Walls". Do the research.

13. Custompainter99

Custompainter99
    from San Jose

well,,, I got my Coker 205/75/15's from summit racing...$796 shipped to my door. placed order on Sat. tires were at my house by Tues.!!

14. That's basically the same thing Diamondback does. HRP

15. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Don’t be foolish and run those tires that long. 5 yrs and change them. I had two WW loose their treads because they were 14 yrs old. Fortunately I am still alive, it was a good test of my driving skills. Guy that sold me the Merc. implied they were not old, they had lots of tread on them.

16. sedan33

sedan33

Very happy with with my Diamond Backs.

17. Custompainter99

Custompainter99
    from San Jose

I called diamondback,, the guy was kind of a dick..he gave me a price of well over $800 then I asked well how much shipped to my zip code, he sighed like I was bugging him (little does he know I was going to buy them right then ) and it was pushing $900..so no its not the same thing DB does...