Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My latest project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fordf1trucknut, Jul 28, 2008.

1. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

I got the new shaft from simkos today and got it on (had to change the yoke on the t-case also). now it works out great.... no vibs at all and with the 4.56 gears and the little 200 I can now get the truck to over 85 MPH!!!......thought it is a little scarey running it at those speeds!!!

2. Tobey56

Tobey56

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Went for an f-ing awsome ride in the woods today with john in the truck that he is going to sale me (wait maybe I need to wake up I'm dreaming ha ha).

here is a video

[​IMG]

3. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

It was a fun day.....sorry not selling the truck....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  4. blacknblue

blacknblue
    from utah

Love your truck. Just thought I would show a couple of pictures of my truck. Its a 47 F1 with a Marmon Herrington coversion. These things are very hard to come by. I have owned it for about 15 years. It has been stored for a long time. The restoration was started but stalled many years ago. Thanks for the motivation to get it out of storage and get this one going again!

Attached Files:

5. doc's

doc's

Great!!!

6. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

I put 2 full days into rust repair in it (mainly patches in the front fenders) and repainted the fenders and grill. I decided to go all green but am not sure I like it better or not I may go back to black fenders in the future once I get around to using some bondo to smooth them out.

[​IMG]

We had another daughter 10 days ago so I may not be driving this truck as much (can't fit 4 people). So I gotta light a fire under myself and get one of my coupes done!!!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  7. Ford52PU

Ford52PU
    from PA

John,
    Congratulations on your new little girl. hope both her and your wife are doing well.
    Dennis

8. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

Thanks, so far so good. Just got to get used to less sleep!

9. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

Wow I didn't think I was gonna get the piece of junk started this am.

[​IMG]

These sub zero temps sure thicken up the oil.

Then once started it was like shifting a tractor the first few miles!!

10. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

Today I hit a giant pothole. Busted a leaf pack up BAD. So tonight I got to lay in the snow replacing it. Fun!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. ChefMike

ChefMike

love the work Great job!

12. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

Thanks!!!!!

Today I made sure to avoid the pothole that busted it!!!!!!

13. Wow, that spring really broke! Good you had a spare spring to swap in. Keep it up, nice to see the truck being used for fun and regular use.

14. burger

burger

fordf1trucknut's 4x4 conversion is one of my favorite build threads on this board. There is a similar build on the 67-72 truck message board where member OrrieG uses 1974 Chevy axles under a 1959 Task Force truck. Its original form is a badass ride that looks something like a NAPCO truck. The build thread becomes non-HAMB friendly after about the 3rd or 4th page, but the first few pages offer some good ideas on how to convert a Task Force truck to 4wd using slightly newer parts.

For anyone interested, here's a link:
    http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=233305

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  15. dos zetas

dos zetas

Your truck's great...wish there was a HAMB-like board for NAPCO and Marmon-Herrington trucks, cars, and clones...

16. Mr. 360

Mr. 360

I have to say, I really like the shots you've been taking of your truck, it's gotta be the nicest build of an old pickup I've seen in a long time. Though I like all the shots, this one is my favourite angle. I find myself drooling and just staring at it. The weathered boards along the stake pockets, the silhouette of the lugs on the tires, and the glint of the old plate in the fading light. I rarely see a converted 4x4 F1, and after seeing this truck, i'm not sure why i don't see more. Looks great, and it's great that it gets used regularly as a real truck.

I'm not sure if you've ever measured, but do you know what kind of ground clearance you have? (to pumpkin and frame rail). Whatever that height is I think would suit my old Willys pickup quite well.

17. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

Thank you very much for the complements!!

When the ice melts in the driveway I will get some measurements.

18. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

Well the junker started knocking on Monday. So I started tearing it apart.

image.jpg image.jpg

19. greaseyknight

greaseyknight
    from Burley WA

Thats a bummer, going to put another 200 in it?

20. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Better happening now instead of the snow time ...

21. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

Not sure what to do yet. I haven't been able to find another 200 with the correct bell pattern.

22. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Good time to upgrade to a SBF ? Plenty of space ....

23. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

I have an extra 351w. But I really wanna keep the mileage since I drive it so much.

24. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

I got the engine torn down and dropped it off at the machine shop today. I also did some patching on the cab and replaced the worn out seat with another leather seat I picked up from a junkyard.

image.jpg image.jpg

25. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

I got some more patching done, it feels good to make some positive progress.

26. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

I managed to get the patching done on both front cab corners both doors and one of the fenders. (One more fender to go). I also fixed the frame crack and replaced the front brake lines which were starting to look rough. The cracks in the header are now fixed as well. image.jpg

[​IMG]

It is crazy what 110000 miles and road salt will do to a truck.

I also got a call from the machine shop. My motor is about a week or so away from being done but unfortunately it is going to cost more than I expected.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  27. Just want to repeat what others said, neat truck and very cool you drive it so much in all conditions.

Funny story, my COE got stuck in my own driveway with a few inches of snow! I was just trying to move it and turn it around, started spinning tires and that was it. It is absolutely useless in any slick conditions with open diff, dually rear tires and not enough weight in back. Had to get my wife with 4x4 Expedition to give me a tug to get unstuck!

28. '52 F-3

'52 F-3

I must be getting soft, I need to drive my cars more.....

29. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

image.jpg I finished all of the rust repair and I got the old front clip torn/torched apart and most of the "new" tin primed yesterday and today. The back fenders are pretty hammered and will take some mud to be nice but aren't rusted. The fronts turned out pretty decent.

image.jpg image.jpg