Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods *****Nice coupe at "Iron Invasion" *****

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A Boner, Oct 4, 2014.

1. A Boner

A Boner

Un chopped, full fendered, slammed, and fuel injected Corvette powered......and decades old Washington blue paint......what a Hot Rod! image.jpg

laidout53, Hotrodmyk, Merlin and 4 others like this.
  2. Roupe

Roupe

Wish I could have made it. Post more pics from the Iron Invasion if you have them. Please

3. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

one of my favorites. Good to see you Dennis

4. ....that coupe had these sparkplug wire covers, anybody know anything about these.

[​IMG]
    ...here's a few more pics...I'm sure there will be a thread on the show...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hotrodmyk likes this.

5. Beautiful 3 window,the style just never gets old! HRP

6. Old vw's had a spark plug tube like that ! Open on the ends and in middle. Hope that helps!!!

7. ...these covers are just rolled metal with a few ribs in em, no tubes, neverseen em before for ram horn exhaust.

8. VintageConcepts

VintageConcepts

9. Beautiful coupe... Where's the snow?

That Roadster looks familiar but I thought that was at the "Race of Gentleman" event.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  10. smitty29

smitty29
    from Illinois

Awesome stuff, anymore pics from this show? I couldn't make it up there

11. A Boner

A Boner

Wire covers are stock Corvette. Were originally needed because of the Corvette fiber glass body and radio interference. More correctly called shielding, not covers.

loudbang likes this.
  12. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

yes

13. A Boner

A Boner

^^^^^
    Same roadster, different show. Last weekend, I rode with my friend Gary to Baltimore in his flathead powered 32. Here is a pic of the roadster taken byTom Davison at the Rodder's Journal show. Last weekend, the weather was much better.....we didn't use the side curtains for the whole trip! That flathead really flys down the highway with his newly installed overdrive.....812 miles, the first day. What a trip!

image.jpg

Kiwifruit likes this.
  14. 4BangerDean

4BangerDean

15. A Boner

A Boner

To further add to a fantastic week of hot rod activity, here is a pic of the killer hot rod my two sons drove down to the Iron Invasion. It is owned by another friend of mine, Brian. My sons lucked out, as Brian elected to ride with Gary in his roadster with side curtains! On the way down, it was mostly light rain, with a few flurries thrown in! Here is a pic of Brian's roadster in line before the show.

image.jpg

16. A Boner

A Boner

As long as I'm on a roll, back to the blue coupe. How about these tailpipes!

image.jpg

17. Hellfish

Hellfish

Not a lot of pics from such a great show. :( Of course, I didn't bring my camera either. :) Any details on that T-Bird? I loved it, but didn't get a good look at it because I had kids wanting to do other things.:rolleyes:

18. A boner, I absolutely love your friend's '32. I was all over that car here in Wisconsin at a couple of shows.
    Gary's car is the perfect "the way it was" Traditional Hotrod in my book.

19. Gary asked me last spring but I couldn't break free for this trip... you Lucky Dog!

I take it back... your son was the "Lucky Dog"... you're just a dog! Hahaha!!! I'm jealous... really Jealous!

20. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

Ha, that's me behind the blue '32, in the So-Cal hat. Travis "Royboy Productions" Scanlan is next to me.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!