Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Interesting article - warbirds barn find maybe not!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LongT, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Wow very cool indeed, Thanks for sharing.

2. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Great article and video. Thanks for posting. It is amazing what is still out there, this bunch of aviation history is just incredible.

3. Keep

Keep

That was a very cool read. I am not an airplane buff by any means, but I know some sexy metal when I see it. I can just imagine the history sitting in that hanger.

Plus I would love to have one of the Merlins just because....lol

4. Ramblur

Ramblur

Man,I love this stuff. Buildings stuffed full next to my place but now closed to the public.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

wingnutz likes this.
  5. Cris

Cris
    from Vermont

I had been seeing photos of the BF109s popping up here and there without captions for the past few months. Glad to know the story, now. Thanks for posting!

Cris

6. loudbang

loudbang

wingnutz likes this.
  7. AKGrouch

AKGrouch

One big difference though. The 51 can kill you a lot quicker than the 32 and is very, very unforgiving.:)

8. loudbang

loudbang

The last TWO Lancaster bombers together again.

9. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Wow me and my buddy rpu 29 just acquired a shop here in Hawkins Texas with a lot of aircraft history the previous owner was Bob Snyder he restored several war birds a PBY ,Hawker Hurricane and Hellcat for George Bush. He was friends with Pappy Boynton . The history part of this place is really cool but we have a front door that opens up to 20 x 60 . He gave me a fuel mixer off of a 2500 hp radial and Steven a piece of a Zero wing. The kicker is the old building next door was a service station from 1938 and the shop attached to it was built after WWII and in 1954 Elvis played in the garage before he preformed at the Exxon oil camp rec hall Bob has told us some great stories and I bet he knows the guy . My neighbor is the crew chief on Fe Fe he has told me some stuff about that old girl too Don said he would give me a tour of the old girl . The HAMM museum spent 2 weeks helping clean out our shop . The last thing that left the building was a Cobra Gunship but all that's in here now is bunch of old car crap 32 ford models, a roadsters and 49 fords

loudbang likes this.
  10. Thanks for the bump,I missed this thread the first time around. HRP

11. Connie Edwards... a real legend. He'd already sold off most of his Mustangs years ago.