Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Stick Shift's all banged up, keep him in your thoughts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by titus, Sep 10, 2014.

1. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I saw a Power Company worker with a tree growing through his belt loop

Model T1 likes this.
  2. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

What's all the power company talk. Lol. Yea bobwop it is killing me. All my coworkers are working overtime and I home with two broken legs and one busted up ankle. Bahahaha
    I had the staples in my leg removed today. I made it home two days ago and getting around my house in a wheel chair. The nurse that came today asked about my accident. She told me her husband had 55 Chevy. I asked her if it was black sedan with flames and if it had a 5 speed. She said yes and told her I met him once. Lol. Small world. :). Thanks everyone.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

glad to hear you are home and on the mend. Do you think you will end up with the car too?

4. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad to hear your home mate, it may seem a long and tough road to recovery but hang in there. I know what its like to be banged up bad, there is always something to enjoy.........beer...........pain killers.................enjoying what your friends cant...................... Not that I would encourage anything bad!!

Doc.

Stick Shift likes this.
  5. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Bobwop not sure what will happen with the 33. I did get a letter from insurance co. about what to start doing with estimate and things to get ball rolling. So I jus will wait and see.

6. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

I still say you should fix it, lot of work but the little fucker saved your life or at least it didn't kill you.

I know a good sheetmetal guy that could come spend a weekend or 2 helping get it straight.

Stick Shift likes this.
  7. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

saw DAD at Jefferson Swap today. Sounds like Scott is doing well and he reports the Nurses are lined up at the door to help him get back on his feet

Stick Shift likes this.
  8. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Haha. Not over the weekend bobwop. Lol. Dad said he talked to you and others today. Wish I was able to go and look at lawn mowers and snowmobiles, I meant cars parts. Lol.

9. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

on a side note Kathy kicks ass running her scooter backwards.

Vid of her in action....

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
    Stick Shift likes this.
  10. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Damn she is getting around better. Lol

11. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Glad to see your home,much better place to heal up!

Stick Shift likes this.
  12. linechaser32

linechaser32
    from Iowa

Missed seeing you and your dad at Beloit. Hope for a speedy recovery so you can get back to working on old cars.
    Steve

Stick Shift likes this.
  13. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Yea sitting in hospital while Autorama was going really stunk. Last year it rained so I was really looking forward to it this year. Wondering if I could wheel my self around Cedar Rapids swap now. Lol

14. Glad to hear your doing better. I have been checking this thread from time to time and was hoping you'd be back in the game soon.

Not to hi-jack but how does a guy grow a tree through a belt loop? Is this a joke I missed? The suspense is killing me.

Stick Shift likes this.
  15. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

Stick Shift likes this.
  16. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Gene I have the truck under my lock and key. Thanks to Russco and youngrodder they got it out and to their place till Dad picked it up and brought it home. :). I still have not seen it. Just realized I had a small box of tools with me too. Hope they are still there. Dealing with insurance co should be interesting. Dealing with the States Attorney has also been interesting this week. Hopefully that will smooth out and I don't have to appear in a court room 4 hours away with two broken legs and one broken ankle. Very long uncomfortable ride for me.
    They took cast off right ankle Thursday. They got me moving both ankles and today we worked at bending my knees. Pretty much let gravity pull legs down. I can go 35-40 degree knee bend now. So its slow but some progress. :). Thanks everyone.

17. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Good to hear they have you bending and moving below the waist again. I bet it stings a bit though.

Should have asked for a grease zerk in each joint in case they start squeaking.

Stick Shift likes this.
  18. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Get well soon. Sorry about the truck.

Stick Shift likes this.
  19. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

glad to hear you are on the mend.

missed you and Dad at Iron Invasion

Stick Shift likes this.
  20. yngrodder

yngrodder

Bobwop, what did you have at the iron invasion? I kinda hoped that I would see your 32 Coupe there..

Stick Shift likes this.
  21. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I had the purple 53 Lincoln Capri custom in Building F.

22. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I walked right past your car and said to myself, "I like that". Didn't even dawn on me that it was yours.

Not as young as I used to be!

yngrodder likes this.
  23. Glad to hear that you're healing up... don't forget to let the Glue dry!

Stick Shift likes this.
  24. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I find it interesting that most everyone who posts about you having a "speedy" recovery have probably never had so much as a toothache. There isn 't anything "speedy" about the aftermath of an accident like this.
    In 1988 I had an industrial overhead garage for collapse on me. 3 1/2 years and 7 brain, neck, spine operations later they released me to a rehab hospital where the next 1 1/2 years were consumed learning how to walk, eat without spilling the food on my lap, dressing myself without help and learning how to write my name.
    I sincerely hope your recovery is quicker than mine.

Frank

kidcampbell71 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  25. Frank is right,when I broke my leg and compound fractured my right ankle in a motorcycle accident I was in a cast for almost a year..then I had to learn how to walk again,,you one up'ed me by a leg!

It's gonna take time be being in a wheelchair gives you some mobility,,get outta the house as much as possible,sitting inside will drive you nuts...besides,just how much old reruns on tv can you take. HRP

Stick Shift likes this.
  26. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Best wishes and God speed

Stick Shift likes this.
  27. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Frank is just such a cheerful fellow, as usual.

racingonerobb likes this.
  28. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Hi everyone. I have had physical therapy come to house twice this week and will be here today also. Geez its amazing how much pain I get later from those sessions. The leg massage seems to really help loosen up knees so I can bend them. Good news is my left knee bends more than right so I am guessing it really wants to be able to push a clutch pedal down. Lol
    Man a person can really go crazy. I did get out of house Wednesday. Went around neighborhood and some of the neighbors trees are starting their color change. Felt damn good to get out. :)

rob lee likes this.
  29. wingedexpress

wingedexpress

It's good to hear that the therapy is working. Getting out some is good therapy too.

Stick Shift likes this.
  30. Best wishes from NZ for the rest of your full recovery. Take care. JW :)

Stick Shift likes this.