Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Legendary Hot Rodder, Bob McCoy just passed away.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Antique Automotive, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Antique Automotive

Antique Automotive
    from San Diego

Legendary Hot Rodder, Bob McCoy just passed away. I know he is in Hot Rod Heaven. What a great guy and a friend of mine who will be dearly missed by all that knew him.
    Bob did all my signs and car art work for Antique Automotive. Every year he did free for me a car art poster honoring Antique Automotive's anniversary.
    Bob was a real life Fonz growing up in the Fifties in San Diego. His 1940 Ford was the first with Flames and in Hot Rod magazine. A really interesting story he told me was in the Fifties he was cruising El Cajon Blvd. going to the car hop drive-ins. He was driving his all black 1940 Ford in the evening and pulled into the drive-in and hit the front of the car. He immediately drove away. Then he went to his friend's body shop and fixed the dent and put Flames on his black 1940 where it was repaired. By the next evening he went to the same drive-in and everybody commented on how great the Flames looked. No one knew he had an accident. That's how cool Bob was.
    https://www.good-guys.com/?p=8561&option=com_wordpress&Itemid=315

Bob mccoy 1940 ford.jpg

2. studematt

studematt

Sorry for your lose. He had great taste.

3. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Sorry for the loss of a good friend. He definitely made his mark in the hot rodding community as I remember his 40 most of my life. I will be 70 yo in a few days.....................

4. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Great picture of his forty, he will be missed.