Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Chopped it.......she's still too tall.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tinbender, Feb 17, 2013.

1. fleet-master

fleet-master

btw...are you still goin to section the hood?

2. Looks like the first pic is a reaction to the second! :eek: I am still thinking about dagmars! :D
    Right now I don't think the hood needs the section. I was able to bring the entire front end down a good inch. It angles down slightly now. Either way I'll finish the apron/headlight areas first, and bring the back of the top down. After that I think it's time to get her outside, step back, and get some better views.
    It's monday, so I'm back on the T bird. I've been cranking out parts and welding them in. The bird is the main priority,but both projects are moving along pretty well.

3. fleet-master

fleet-master

11.15pm Xmas eve here......Merry Christmas Eric buddy!! All the best to your and yours!!

4. Right back at you Paul! I hope the season finds you happy and healthy!

BTW, I once dated a girl that looks JUST LIKE the picture you posted!!!.........................Could have been Marty's sister!!:eek::D:D

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  5. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

the design works very well ! thanks a lot for documenting the metal shaping...or reshaping ! very helpful for beginners ;)

6. whtbaron

whtbaron
    from manitoba

LOL....looked at that post 3 times before I saw Marty!

7. You my man are a metal magician, with a sculptors aesthetic eye for form and proportion!

This post has made been some jolly good XMass Eve eye candy...

Frankly all I want for Xmass now is an opportunity to hang out with someone that has Ur experience and learn!

In the mean time, grateful for the HAMB!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. DadsBlueFord

DadsBlueFord
    from Hayden, ID

Man I hated getting caught up on your thread, you make me feel like king of the slackers! I haven't touched my car in months...time to get back at it I guess...

9. MP&C

MP&C

Looks like you need another leaf spring and you can make that capt chair into a full on rocker... :D

[​IMG]

10. As a matter of fact both the "thinking chair" AND the "thinking helmet" have been repaired and are fully operational! :eek::D:eek:

Attached Files:

11. Thanks for the support guys! It's sunday, Stude get's a little more love today! I'll let you guys know what I get done.......if I don't spend too much time in the chair!:D

12. whtbaron

whtbaron
    from manitoba

So is there any particular spring rate you would recommend for a garage rocker? Is there load levelers in the back? Considered long shackles? Tin foil on the hat is a good addition... you aren't all that far from Roswell.... lol....good thing you're getting more done than me!

13. fleet-master

fleet-master

hope your making more progress than I have been lately Eric....:D

14. fleet-master

fleet-master

ERIC!!! Are you asleep in that thinkin chair mate??

15. Hey! I'm still alive and well! Thanks for thinking about me :) Had to back burner the stude for a little bit. Got busy again! Finally sold the house I was working on last summer and fall, and of course that means we gotta get crazy busy with the old (1903) house were keeping. I love this latest wife ;) but she's tuff to keep up with! She's painting the new den as I type. We have now finally gone from 5 bedrooms to one.( it's a big one!) My vision when I bought this place in 1990! And of course there's still the FU%#&^G T bird. :D Actually I put in a good day on it today, making both fenders at headlight areas look the same. You CAN see both sides at once :D The stude is right there next to the bird........waiting. Come to think of it......I could use a nap!

16. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey Tin,

Me wanna see peekchers of the front of the Bird, jus to see it don't look like Marty Feldman:D

I've a serious case of ''RailRoad Track'' envy, as I see you've got a small section in use in your shop! Possession use to be illegal round these parts:(

What's the old pressed steel toy dump truck in the back ground shot on your shelf, Nylint? I've more old toy metal trucks than sense:eek:

" Meanwhyle, back aboard The Tainted Pork "

17. Size really does matter! My planishing rail! :D I cut this the length of the T bird door. I gas welded the skin full length right down the middle. I think the track was the only thing that saved it! Not sure if it's legal to have or not. I've had this for decades. Since right before the great train wreck of '82!! :eek:

Yeah the truck is nylint. I collect all sorts of crap! There's a few tonkas and others scattered around the shop. The only nice one's I have are my 49 Structo fire trucks and a Tonka ladder truck. They get to stay in the house! The old stake truck, I found in the woods. Shot and flattened!. ..... And while I'm showing you guys my bedroom ;) might as well show the painting my wife just did for the stair way wall. First time she's picked up a brush in twenty years!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  18. fleet-master

fleet-master

nice painting !! is it a self portrait of her? ;):D that length of traintrack sure looks handy Eric

19. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey Tin,

Kool tools, kool toys & killer artwork!:)

20. fleet-master

fleet-master

Calling Eric....come in Eric....you got your ears on good buddy? over

21. Hey! I'm still alive and well. I got distracted with another project (imagine that!) I had one of those rare occurrences when money and time came together allowing a major non car project to come together. I'm currently knee deep in a way overdue full exterior remodel of my beloved 1903 two story home. The stude is resting comfortably in the shop waiting for winter. It's gonna be a good winter too!!

22. fleet-master

fleet-master

old houses=money pit lol I'm planning to put a dozer through mine when I get the chance and build new. Piss poor insulation ,sunken piles, crooked everything...if it had good 'bones' might have considered doing it up

My trucks been waiting patiently too Eric, had some difficult client issues since Jan

23. Still alive and well! Nearly done with this phase on the house. looking forward to winter. Need some shop time!

24. wayfarer

wayfarer

I was beginning to wonder...

25. Damn.....been a bit since I checked in. Was drooling for an update. I like hundred year old wood as well, so I understand the resto remodel on your home. Keep on truckin' man. That truck is one wild tin thrash......and I can't wait to see the next turn of events.

26. smidje

smidje

just went through the entire thread..... shit like this really makes me wonder why the hell I ever dumped some many hrs into a musclecar.... Been modifying stuff on cars all my life but never bit the bullit to start something like this. Making my wacko add brain rattle like crazy here.... awesome,awesome build sir! looking forward to some progress :))

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  27. Thanks guys so much for the encouragement! Reaching this point and stopping has been torture! I've side lined projects many times, for many reasons. I'm sure some of you can relate to this. In this case it was well worth it. Update soon!............along with another project that has been neglected for far too long! P9050238.jpg

28. way cool, we need more pictures of that truck!!

29. fleet-master

fleet-master

Knock Knock !! Anybody home buddy? Whats been happening?

30. 33.jpg Hey !!! I'm still alive!. Wow it's been a while. I got lost in the restoration/remodel of my 1903 house. Huge project, it needed everything! It's been a labor of love, and the most satisfying restoration I've ever done. We're not completely finished, but the major rebuild is complete. I've also wrapped up the last paid restoration. ( The Tbird from hell) I will ever do, and my shop is now for MY shit only. I can't even begin to express my joy!!! While I still haven't laid hands on the stude yet, I've got her up on stands & she's ready to go. I've decided to work two projects at once. It actually works for my a.d.d! So I've brought the 33 ford in for rust removal. I'm using electrolysis to minimize the sandblasting. Also rethinking the front of the frame, and a few minor changes. Can't seem to load pictures. I'll work on that.....

fleet-master likes this.